Least favorite fish.. why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mollies, platys, guppies.. actually, livebearers. And swordtails.
Something I'd put in a younger kid's tank, but they're not all that interesting, other than the fancy guppies.
They're pretty much all the same,
Having babies in the tank every time you turn around.
Bumpy, twitchy fin movements.
They just seem strange. :huh:
Don't hate me. :ROFLMAO:

I like my smooth moving catfish much better. :smitten:

Chiroptera said:
Mollies, platys, guppies.. actually, livebearers. And swordtails.
Something I'd put in a younger kid's tank, but they're not all that interesting, other than the fancy guppies.
They're pretty much all the same,
Having babies in the tank every time you turn around.
Bumpy, twitchy fin movements.
They just seem strange. :huh:
Don't hate me. :ROFLMAO:

I like my smooth moving catfish much better. :smitten:

I toooootally agree. Except i have seen some pretty cool sword tails and guppies

I would have to say lockdown fish. Don't know the scientific name but to me they are hideous. Oh and blood parrots. Also a ugly fish.

Anything altered.
Mubumas. Or how ever you spell it.
Gold fish.
Pond fish of any kind.
Mollies, all livebearers.
Aquatic frogs...idk but I see them at pet stores.
Common plecos.
Damsels.

Zactheninja said:
Anything altered.
Gold fish.
Pond fish of any kind.
Common plecos.
Damsels.

What's wrong with pond fish?

Keao_m said:
I would have to say lockdown fish. Don't know the scientific name but to me they are hideous. Oh and blood parrots. Also a ugly fish.

Parrotfish are my favorite!

jetajockey said:
There's lots of lake fish in aquariums, I'm not sure what you mean.

My least favorite is probably the deformed frankenfish like parrots and flowerhorns.

Flowerhorns have great color but they are pretty ugly

Zactheninja said:
Anything altered.
Gold fish.
Pond fish of any kind.
Common plecos.
Damsels.

If you don't like natives then you're missing out many of the species are very colorful and all display interesting behavior. All aquarium fish come from someones backyard.

I can't stand zebra danios. They are psychotic little fish that I'm pretty sure are from the same bloodline as the dude Jack Nicholson played in "The Shining". Or maybe Norman Bates. Or maybe those two spawned and the result was demon zebra danios.

LyndaB said:
I can't stand zebra danios. They are psychotic little fish that I'm pretty sure are from the same bloodline as the dude Jack Nicholson played in "The Shining". Or maybe Norman Bates. Or maybe those two spawned and the result was demon zebra danios.

Haha! That's too funny!
Umm... I guess my least favorite fish would be parrot cichlids, I guess its not the fishes fault that it looks like it was beat with the ugly stick, I put more shame on humans for the "mutation" of this fish.

LyndaB said:

+1. Zebra danios suck. Enough said :D

Oscars, though that may be because of all the misinformed customers I deal with.. Mostly, I just don't find them all that attractive and they are just so grumpy.

GloFish... Zebra danios are evil enough, but to add freaky neon colors to them.... Yucky.

Dragon Goby. They just freak me out. Their faces are just so...... Ick.

butterfly_koi said:
I don't care for hatchetfish either, those things give me the willies

The ones sold for aquariums are not so bad, I really dislike the deep sea hatchetfish

Hahahah, yeah, the only ones that don't creep me out are the silver hatchetfish, because once you get past the shape, they're really flashy and active and add a great personality to a tank. :p

Back
Top Bottom