Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
Leaving on a Northeast road trip!

Well, tomorrow is the day. I'm packing up the car today, and the wife and I are leaving first thing after work tomorrow (I work third shift so that's 8AM). Gone for two weeks, the longest vacation I've had in 12 years. I have a couple stops planned--CT to visit family, NH to climb Mt. Washington for the third time (it will be my wife's first hike up), driving to ME to eat lobster in a nice restaurant and finding a boat to do some whale watching, and then driving around eastern Canada visiting relatives and seeing the country a bit. We plan on wrapping up the trip by making the long trek (13 hours, the longest leg of the trip) to Ontario and crossing the border at Niagra Falls.

The only electronic items I'm bringing with me are the camcorder and camera, no laptop, no internet! We are completely unplugged for 2 weeks! I'm gonna party like it's 1989

I'll still be checking the site until I leave, if anyone has any suggestions or must see places in my travels, but after 8 tomorrow morning, I am OUTTA HERE!

Old 07-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

weird places for CT.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/map/ct.html

Weird places for NH.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/map/nh.html

and for ME.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/map/me.html

Some of these are just plain weird and some might actually be a good time! Be safe and have fun ... road trips are always cool!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 07-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Shawmutt...you plan to just drive right through NY without stopping? Since you will inevitably hit some major traffic...when you get to 95N, after the GW Bridge (aka - Cross Bronx Expwy), take a breather and get off at Bartow Av./Bay Plaza Shopping Ctr. Do some shopping...have a meal and grab a movie.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week motorcycle trip up through Maine, into New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. Some 'must see' items: Cape Enrage in New Brunswick, St. Martin's (NB), Campobello Island (technicall New Brunswick; off the coast of Maine).

I have more if you want 'em.
1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 07-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool ideas, thanks! Just starting to pack the car now, I got 5 hours before I go to work, 13 hours before I'm on the road.

Quote:
Shawmutt...you plan to just drive right through NY without stopping? Since you will inevitably hit some major traffic...when you get to 95N, after the GW Bridge (aka - Cross Bronx Expwy)
I stopped going through NYC when it took me 9 hours to get here from CT one time (a 5 1/2 hour trip). I go straight up 81 to Scranton, PA and then straight across 84 to CT. Best part--one toll, totalling $1! Plus the trip is only 6 hours. The only downside is that they shut the whole highway down when there's an accident, one time it took me 7 hours instead of six.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I can understand completely. I was going to suggest the alternate route just due to that.

Enjoy.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Have fun....see you in a few weeks!
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 07-15-2005, 09:07 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Last check, I'm outta here!!! Take care folks, see you in two weeks (and probably 10,000+ posts)
Old 07-15-2005, 09:08 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cya ..... have fun!!! Be safe .... wear your seat belt!!!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 07-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have fun and safe trip!!!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com