LED Lighting in Trouble Must Read!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edit:
Should the patent office even be giving patents out for this? It is such a broad topic that I would think that it would be similar to patenting cars with xenon lighting?

There are many patents out there, that shouldn't be. There are a lot of patents specifically in the IT area that never should've been. It is a little disheartening when a company patents something, but then doesn't act to bring that idea to market. Patents "farms" for the sole purpose of generating royalties is legal, but kind of disgusting in my opinion.

Regardless, they have a valid patent, and it's totally within their right to defend it. The bad thing is that even if PFO didn't violate the patent, they will have to spend big $$ to prove it. And if the cash ain't there, well... you don't have much else to do but cease and desist.

Regarding moon lighting, I can't see them wasting money going after that market. No money there, really. Plus... I don't think their patent really covers that. The patent specifically makes claims on lighting that "can support marine life" - and my puny little LED moonlights are far from that.

Back
Top Bottom