LFS in North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slavo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys!

Does anyone know of any good local fish stores in North Carolina?

My family and I are going on vacation this weekend and I was thinking I would try to visit some while I'm down there. I'm going to be mainly in La Grange.

Also - I plan on visiting one of NC's three aquariums (North Carolina Aquariums). Has anyone visited one of these? Which would you recommend?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice ??

Hey guys!

Does anyone know of any good local fish stores in North Carolina?

My family and I are going on vacation this weekend and I was thinking I would try to visit some while I'm down there. I'm going to be mainly in La Grange.

Also - I plan on visiting one of NC's three aquariums (North Carolina Aquariums). Has anyone visited one of these? Which would you recommend?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice ����
Unfortunately, you are out in the middle of NOWHERE. I would drive to Raleigh.

I can't speak for their aquariums, but this place is cool: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Natural_Sciences-Raleigh_North_Carolina.html

If you're ever coming towards my part, around Charlotte/Huntersville/Downtown Mooresville, there are a lot of good places! First off there's Upscale Aquatics (Huntersville), very good store, they have tons of rare nano saltwater and freshwater fish and plants. Also have a huge selection of cichlids. Next up is Salty's of Lake Norman(Mooresville), cool store but specialize in ONLY saltwater. Very cool fish though. In the Charlotte area there's Fintastic, haven't ever been there but heard that it's really big and have TONS of rare fish and shrimp. Last but not least and also my favorite, SeaShell Pet Shop (Downtown Mooresville) This is a WAY underrated store, and have a lot of awesome fish and plants. The old lady who runs it is so sweet to everyone. Her partner is also very nice. Anway, this is a list of the ones I know of (not including Petco's and Pet Smart's) and they're all very good. There are probably a lot of other ones out there that I don't know of, but you should definitely check these out. Send me a PM if you do go to any and how your experience was. Send me a PM also if you ever do come anywhere near Mooresville. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom