Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

LFS stories!

I thought it would be fun to share stories we have from our LFS. Today I went in and while I was looking around a lady came in and was getting fish, I asked her how many fish she had and she said she has 3 aquariums, and as I'm a regular in LFS I was talking to the lady who works there and she went out to help another customer. The lady wanting fish had already selected some platies and mollies, then went to look at goldfish. She then asked me if she could put goldfish in her tropical tanks, I told her I wouldn't because they are cold water fish and tropicals are in warmer water and it probably wouldn't be the best idea. Plus side is she actually listened to me!

Old 04-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

In my LFS I was admiring the dwarf gourami and the lady asked if I wanted to buy one. I told her I was cycling the tank using ammonia. She says "there shouldn't be ammonia in there, just get the fish and keep the lights out it will cycle". I was like, yeah ok? Then she tells me she has a tank and is bored with it "but the fish just won't die". I won't be going there again!

Old 04-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix22 View Post
In my LFS I was admiring the dwarf gourami and the lady asked if I wanted to buy one. I told her I was cycling the tank using ammonia. She says "there shouldn't be ammonia in there, just get the fish and keep the lights out it will cycle". I was like, yeah ok? Then she tells me she has a tank and is bored with it "but the fish just won't die". I won't be going there again!
The fish just won't die? Whoa. Don't blame you at all for not going back there!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I went there the other day and found out that one of the employees told the manager that six of the Discus died. Turns out he actually stole them and sold them. They fired him. Discus sell at my lfs for $80
Old 05-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix22 View Post

wow! If only i could be so lucky that my fish never died! I just lost a dwarf gourami! He will be sorely missed!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a very small independent lfs in my town. I have developed a really good relationship with the manager, Richie. He calls round my house for cups of tea and sometimes bring a few samples from the reps. I call in every Sat, usually at the same time but I was running a bit late this time. His assistant was on holiday, so he was on his own. He had to head out for a bit, so he was at the door waiting for me. When I got there he chucked me the spare key, told me to go in, get my fish, food and what ever else I needed, lock up after myself and drop him in the spare key whenever I was around the area. That's what you call trust!!!!.

Tags
lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com