Life without

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdsims

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Don't remember what my life was like without my fish tank, that's kinda sounds sad.

I was drawn into this thread by the title...then I read through it and forgot what this thread was about LOL!:rolleyes: So I had to re-check the title.
So, life without...I would be miserable! My fish have become the center of my universe!!! And far as filters go, I so enjoy the sound of the water pouring into my tank (HOB filter).

There's a lot more to it than that. That's the Ahrrenius definition of a base. The Lewis-Bronstead definition, which applies to more things, says anything that can accept a proton is an acid and anything that donates a proton is a base.

You have that backwards. Bases accept protons, acids donate.

Both strong bases and strong acids can conduct electricity.

Back on topic though...

Life without...

water changes
euthanizing fish
dosing ferts....

...would be wonderful! :)

meegosh said:
You have that backwards. Bases accept protons, acids donate.

:)

Haha, that's what I thought it was, but I looked in my old chem notes and what I posted was what I wrote down. I apparently suck at taking notes at 8am. The fact that I'm nearly blind and can't read the PowerPoint doesn't help either.

And I agree, life without water changes would be nice, but its a small price to pay for healthy fish. I can barely remember life before I started keeping fish.

Life without:
Cycling a 55g tending to 2 kids, an ol'man, 2 pit bulls, 1 guinea pig, 1 bunny, 1 turtle, and lastly myself.... Would be uber boring :)
I'm a busy lady!
Ha! And maintaining a clean house on top of it!

Last edited:
All off topics were deleted. The OP`s post was

Don't remember what my life was like without my fish tank, that's kinda sounds sad.

Please keep it on topic with his post.

Life without:
Cycling a 55g tending to 2 kids, an ol'man, 2 pit bulls, 1 guinea pig, 1 bunny, 1 turtle, and lastly myself.... Would be uber boring :)
I'm a busy lady!
Ha! And maintaining a clean house on top of it!

LOL! Busy isn't the word! :lol: I have 4 tanks, 1 pitbull, 1 doberman, 5 cats, 1 guinea pig, 5 kids, and a man who's just done with it all LOL! My fish keep me happy :oops: Life without them would be lacking "peace and tranquility" in this mad house of mine.

Lovin Fish said:
LOL! Busy isn't the word! :lol: I have 4 tanks, 1 pitbull, 1 doberman, 5 cats, 1 guinea pig, 5 kids, and a man who's just done with it all LOL! My fish keep me happy :oops: Life without them would be lacking "peace and tranquility" in this mad house of mine.

Oh you got me ;) My husband is pretty much over it too, lol... But I couldn't imagine life any other way!

My life would be a little more hectic. I find it peaceful. I have a lazy chair by the aquariums where the family and I tend to dose off while watching.
Good stuff

My life would be a little more hectic. I find it peaceful. I have a lazy chair by the aquariums where the family and I tend to dose off while watching.
Good stuff
That's exactly the same story with me ;) The fish slow me down.

Lovin Fish said:
That's exactly the same story with me ;) The fish slow me down.

I totally agree. I come home from work, feed my fish and 30 minutes later I'm still sitting in front of my tank watching my bristle nosed Pleco scoot around;) I count it as time well wasted.

Back
Top Bottom