litres vs uk gallon vs us gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what you use?

• litres

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • us gallon (3.8)

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • uk gallon (4.5)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
guys dont forget the metric plays one important part of our lifes CACULATORS they work in metric you try and put 5' 11' on one to hard try and put every inch in you cant with out really thinking about it

plus it is against trading standards in england to sell in imperial england has to sell metric. i dont know what other countries rules. funny how this become a debate over metric and imperial, usa against most of the world (nothing unusal there lol take it on the chin usa) it was meant to be what people use when they talk tank size. i just saying why cant people who use G put what G they are using in front or after (ie 25usG)

keenfish said:
guys dont forget the metric plays one important part of our lifes CACULATORS they work in metric you try and put 5' 11' on one to hard try and put every inch in you cant with out really thinking about it

Convert it all to inches. 5'11" is just 71"

I used SAE and metric in college and I do prefer mettic but the US is stuck on SAE

Convert it all to inches. 5'11" is just 71"

I used SAE and metric in college and I do prefer mettic but the US is stuck on SAE

no you cant put 5'11'' in a calc it look like 5' 1'' what i meant put 5' 1''; 5' 2''; 5' 3''; 5' 4''; 5' 5'' on a calc i know 5'3'' is 5.25 and 5'6'' is 5.5 and 5'9'' is 5.75 but the rest is quite hard

Im from the uk so I have the same problem. I generally go by the rule that unless otherwise stated it's in us gallons. I always say that my tank is 10(uk) gallons, but I know that my tank is 12.8 us gallons, so I've got that as a reference point to go by :) it's also 48 litres ;)

well i was taught us gallons as i was born here, but if I read litres or liters I would simply google it. honestly didnt know there was a difference in US and UK gallons, learn something every hour in this hobby it seems :p

also for those who have to deal with conversions often and need on the spot answers, i have an app the converts all kinds of weights and measurements, works nice for me...

StevesPrettyCool said:
also for those who have to deal with conversions often and need on the spot answers, i have an app the converts all kinds of weights and measurements, works nice for me...

Me too! It's great! Most stuff i know off the top of my head now but not when I first started.

The system that australia uses is by far superier to galloens and pounds. It is much easier because 1 mL of water is equal to a gram you cannot do this with a tank that is in galleons although there is a galleon is equal to 10 pounds just my veiw

Back
Top Bottom