Log date 041217

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spriteyy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My lovely Echo has already been with me for a day, and she seems to be settling into her new tank well! The water has also finally cleared!
I accidentally gave her a HUGE bloodworm yesterday, so I fed her 1/4 of a shelled pea, in case she becomes constipated. I thought it would be like the equivalent of a Brussel sprout to her, but I was wrong- She absolutely LOVED it and is nose-deep in the gravel looking for scraps! (See below)IMG_4499.jpg
I'd love to hear updates from your tanks! [emoji177]

Shelled peas do not assist or help constipation, this is an ol' aquarium wives tale that is commonly tossed around.

Shelled peas do not assist or help constipation, this is an ol' aquarium wives tale that is commonly tossed around.

*Gasp*. What! Just to let you know old wives are often right.

If you happen to be the husband then she is always right.

What do you suggest?

Yeah, sometimes those old wives tales get passed around because they at least seem to be accurate. Peas definitely help my fish poop!

Not gonna argue with any wives, how do you think I survived 25 yrs, but peas didn't seem to help when I tried them. I don't doubt they seem to help a lot of people and fish though, really interested in this discussion.

Back
Top Bottom