London Attacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
How do you think the recent terrorist attack is going to affect the Olympic committees decision on London's bid for the Olympics?

I thought they already made the decision and that it wouldn't be changed (can they change it?).

Well it's kind of too late now, I think! I mean once your awarded can they renig on that or is it set in stone! I would imagine they could probably renig on it and set it elsewhere, and probably should for the sake of saving lives!

If who ever attacked them this time found a loop hole I'm almost positive they will do it again! The British didn't believe there was a need for a war on terrorism and now they got one!

As far as the attacks go, I don't really know who has claimed responsibility for what but you can tell that it was pretty well planned out. I think this may be the wake up call for the British ... they were just slamming Blair to the ground for supporting Bush and his war on terrorism!

I think they should hold the 2012 Olympics in NY!

Just my $0.02 ...... no offense intended!

They did make the decision to hold the Olympics in London. I wonder if the attacks had anything to do with that.

It shouldnt change their mind at all. After all they where awarded the olympics for 2012. A whole lot can and will change between now and then anyway regarless of these awful attacks.

I don't think it did directly, maybe just coincidental timing ... I think this has more to do with what I said in my previous posts regarding the British and their comments about terrorism! I'm not saying all British in general are included, but as you can see from reports Blair is not the most popular Kat in the crowd!

besides, like fishfreek said, they are hosting in 2012 and a lot can happen between now and then. I mean, the US was still allowed to host the Salt Lake City Olympics and that was much sooner after the terrorist attack here. We even had someone blow up an area at the Atlanta games with a bomb specifically design to severely hurt people (nails and other debris had been packed into it)! But they still allowed us to host another event.

Yes, you guys are right. Alot can happen between now and then. It's 7 years away. Still, I hate to see this happen to any country.

most definatly! I will be flying through London next week and it will be interesting. My prayers go out to everyone across the pond.

flying through or visiting?
I work in the travel industry and can tell you right now phone calls are coming in like crazy people trying to get out. Security will be almost prison like so be careful! Have a good trip ... where is your final destination ruby? If ya don't mind me asking!

yup, just flying through. My final destination is Spain (Barcelona to be exact). I am going to see my dad for three weeks since this is my last summer before I graduate college and probably my last real bit of freedom. I figured security would be very tight, and personally I don't mind. I never understood why people would complain so much here in America. The security workers are keeping us safe! Yes, it is a bit odd that they check baby diapers, but you have to think of the minds they are going up against! I'd rather have tons of security than hardly any at all.

I don't think these attacks had anything to do with the Olympics. They coincided with they opening of the G8 summit in Scotland.

My heart goes out to the British.

Well, I would be extremely surprised if they are anything ot do with the Olympics. The games would only now be moved if it became clear London could not hold them.

This isn't the first time London has been hit by terrorists and it may not be the last, but the typical British attitude that I witnessed today while I was caught up in the after-effects proves beyond a doubt to me that the terrorists will never defeat London.

My hearts truly go out to the families of the 33 (confirmed, probably more) people who after leaving for work will never return home.

A group of Islamics are taking responsibility for it. The story was provided by the link I posted earlier. They said that it is in retaliation of their soldiers being in Afghanistan.

The pictures that I have seen make me want to just sit and cry about the whole situation. It's just sad that you have to constantly worry about everything that could happen. I try not to worry about things but after 9/11 I avoided big public places for years. I didn't go to the World Series last year because of the rumored threats of attacks that were going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom