London to host 2012 Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Congrads to all you in GB for your victory in being selected to host the 2012 Olympics. I know our friends from across the pond will do a great job.

We New Yorkers have been torn regarding this issue since the nomination was made. Although we would have loved to have hosted the Olympics, logistics would have proved to be a little daunting to say the least. The venues would have been so far apart from the Athletes Villages that the city would have been in literal grid-lock for the entire length.

I echo Fishfreek in congratulations to our friends from across the pond.

they really have relly intresting places, if you get to go every time you get to see rich cultures and diffrent people and things! i want to go to Sydney aus. to see all the animals and Fishies!!! but couldent :( but mabe london!

Hmmm no angry French people irate at my American rudeness? O darn! I don't really have anything against the French, I'm just having a slow boring day and was up for some banter. But it's no fun if noone bickers back :evil:

:D Here's one NYer that's glad we lost. I can just imagine the security for the Olympics in the Big Apple :roll:

I'm another NYer who's thrilled that the Olympics won't be coming our way for at least awhile. It would have made life a three week long living hell for those of us who have to go to work every day.

It seems that the only people here who are unhappy are the politicians. Sorry Mayor Mike...now there is no need for a taxpayer-funded Michael R. Bloomberg Olympic Stadium! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom