Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2004, 07:07 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to madasafish
LOL. You chose the worst pic of me to post! And yes, we do need a little more sun, some of us...

That pic of the Discus is stunning. Nicely taken.

Old 07-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looks like you had a great time. Those fish are gorgeous.

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
Old 07-12-2004, 07:15 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl
We have that same dolphin, and nobody, I mean not the kids or anyone, can keep it upright!
Well, the technique is not hard! When I went to jump on it from the side of the pool everyone thought I was going for a while ride and that it needed less air in it. I blew it up as best I could and launched myself *gently* on to it. It can be done
Quote:
Originally Posted by madasafish
You chose the worst pic of me to post!
You could have sat next to me and looked golden

Old 07-12-2004, 07:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL, "tan" is another way of saying "early stage melanoma" - especially for those of use who trace our roots back to the land of Guinness and shamrocks!

And the pictures really do the fish no justice - you would need high quality video to really see how these teacup-saucer-sized fish can swim slowly and gracefully, then turn on a dime and zip across the tank to roughly nudge a tankmate.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:31 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Very cool, we need to have one of those down here It's great to see you guys getting together up there, who would think all the people doing the real life bonding thing would be those "rude" new yorkers, LOL...J/K.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 07-12-2004, 08:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
Very cool, we need to have one of those down here It's great to see you guys getting together up there, who would think all the people doing the real life bonding thing would be those "rude" new yorkers, LOL...J/K.
I agree, reefrunner. Er, the part about getting together down here. We'd show 'em what a real tan looks like. 8)

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
Old 07-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Tan schman, the food was amazing and the people....well, we rock!

I most definitly need some color....however, the only color I get is red, so we will leave it at that.

We had a blast in the pool...it took me about 1/2 an hour to get in and I only fully got in cause brian tricked me and pulled me in

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:47 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

i'm really jealous...wish we were there. Looks like you folks had a great time. It is always nice to put a face to a name. Really great pics of the Discus BTW.

"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"
Edgar Bergen (1903 - 1978)
Old 07-12-2004, 08:53 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cginflorida
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunner69
I agree, reefrunner. Er, the part about getting together down here. We'd show 'em what a real tan looks like. 8)
You bet your...er..uh..you bet

It's the middle of July, I'm a nice shade of dark tan. And I do some jam up barbque

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 07-12-2004, 10:47 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

It is really the best thing in the world for fishkeepers to get together every once in a while and trade stuff, etc., and be able to sit and talk about the hobby face to face. Someday I'll at least get a local Richmond club going - if I can peel myself away from my 'puter....

Closed Thread

Tags
long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com