Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2004, 06:18 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkymom
So did ya'll call each other by your real names, or by your screen names? I always thought it'd be wierd to be in a room with a bunch of people you're used to calling coolcatfish and woahmama online...
We sat around Brian's pool and chatted with each other using laptops and wireless ISPs and we all wore masks to protect our true identities. :P

Actually, the initial introduction is kinda odd. You say, "Hi, I'm Andy" and the other person really doesn't make a connection until you say "I'm QTOFFER online". The other funny thing is that you feel as if you've known the other person for months even though you just met face-to-face.

Old 07-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to webmoose
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTOFFER
We sat around Brian's pool and chatted with each other using laptops and wireless ISPs and we all wore masks to protect our true identities. :P
I want the transcript from the chat.. especially the tour of BrianNY's tanks!!!!

8 Gallon hex - 3 F1 Black Brichardi and fry..("Lamprologus sp. Walter")

10 gallon work tank - Pair of dwarf gourami and 2 cherry barbs / 2 gallon - 4 Fundulopanchax gardneri / 10 gallon - bunch of killitanks

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
Old 07-16-2004, 07:34 PM   #53
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
Upon first meeting everyone it was an odd mixture of comfortness and awkwardness...only cause you know them, but not really their faces or their movements, facial expressons, etc.

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkymom
So did ya'll call each other by your real names, or by your screen names?
It was odd--I was the last to arrive and I walked in and Brian asked if I knew who everyone was. Totally unfair since Allivymar was out of the room and her husband was there. I knew everyone's names from e-mailing and I could have made a better effort guessing due to other pics on this site, but I didn't risk it. I should have. Admittedly I would have switched QTOFFER with Allivymar's husband (don't ask ) When the number of people did not match up with how many people I knew should be there I decided not to play "name that AA member"

Old 07-16-2004, 09:08 PM   #55
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to madasafish
LOL, Meghan. I did that to Lori when she and Daniel arrived. She looked scared and scanned the group of 5 or 6 of us (some of whom are not AA members)

Pregnant silence...

So I said: "Ok; I'm Jon" etc.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:12 PM   #56
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I was a wittle shy....

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:31 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Gee, I was just trying to break the ice for Lori and Meghan. Jon, Alli, Andy and I all know each other from the GCAS.

In any event, no one bit each other or even snarled. *LOL*
Old 07-16-2004, 10:49 PM   #58
AA Team Emeritus

That's interesting that you say that, Punkymom, since I try to remember to use my real name (Liz) when using PM's and the like, but it is hard to remember. I remember BrianNY chiding me for this once (Hey, do you have a real name, or what?)

I figure when the day comes that I meet some of the AA folks I will just get a T-shirt made up with my avatar, and LIZ printed with it to keep it simple, LOL! It is much easier to drift back into alter-ego land....

Closed Thread

Tags
long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com