Lost Fish Found!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stingray68

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was setting up my 55 gallon in August so I threw in 3 guppy fry. They were happy until I got two angelfish. At first they acted fine together but then one day I come home from school and I find one without a tail and the another one missing. So I moved the to into my guppy tank and i always thought that the guppy had been eaten by the angelfish.

So today I clean out my filter for the first time and guess who I find.

image-2633161116.jpg

He is tiny. He has no color except the tiny bit of black on his tail.... Well I am not sure it is a boy or girl? But I was so surprised when I pull the filter out and see this tiny fish swimming around in it. This was a canister filter that was rated for a 75 gallon. How could he survive? This was amazing

That'd be a female. I've had fry survive for a couple of days after being accidentally sucked up but WOW! Jeez. I heard something on here about someone finding several dozen cichlid fry ranging from newborn to half grown in their filter.

I think she may be stunted. These guppies were in the same litter? As her.

Attachments

• image-1102170621.jpg
    image-1102170621.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 69
Oh geez I had a pregnant platy give birth in my angel tank. I'm going to take a flashlight to my filter right now to see if any got sucked up and survived. I just assumed if anyone got sucked into the filter it would mean certain death and I have 2 whisper 70s on my 55g...

Oh geez I had a pregnant platy give birth in my angel tank. I'm going to take a flashlight to my filter right now to see if any got sucked up and survived. I just assumed if anyone got sucked into the filter it would mean certain death and I have 2 whisper 70s on my 55g...

That is what I always thought but well I guess I should never assume things. If any one has had an experience like this please share. I would love to here the stories. Hopefully they aren't as crazy as mine

I found a yellow lab cichlid fry in mine once. Now, every time I clean out my filter, I pour the water through a net in case there happen to be any in there.

Back
Top Bottom