Making Fishtank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WatchCichlid42o

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I have heard you can make fish tanks by pressing silicon waterproof from a pastegun? Is this the best way.my fish are getting big quick and need more space.

It's more complex than that. Honestly, it would be way cheaper and easier to buy a new tank, already made :)

Making fish tanks is a fairly difficult process. What size of tank are you looking at making?

Thanks for your replys,I was planning on 250g at least ,not exactly sure , going to have a few fish ranging a little over 12in.

I would suggest buying a tank that size rather than making one that big as your first build.

As for material they can be made of plywood, glass, or acrylic. I would suggest using acrylic because of weight issues.

Maybe taking a look at this video series would help you out

HOW TO: Build An Aquarium 1/6 - YouTube

A tank that size can be built from glass much more cheaply than from acrylic. Again, the problem is the cost of the glass. Unless you have a source for cheap glass, such as salvage glass, it is seldom cost effective to build a tank. However, it isn't technically difficult.

Back
Top Bottom