Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Making money from breeding fish?

I'm kinda a noob so don't be to harsh on me here. But when I was younger I used to breed guppies and other fish for a hobby and I was pretty good at it but over time I slowly lost the time to do it. But now that I have more free time I would like to get back into it and I was wondering if there is anyway to make money off of breeding freshwater fish? And if so what fish make the most money and what are the best ones to breed? I'm not looking to make a living from this but maybe make some pocket change to just expanding my hobby.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I am 14 and i have a breeding progam, i breed Kribensis and am attempting some gold severums. Its something that takes time to start and effort. I have been through so many hurdles but now i have a steady tank and my fish spawn reguarly. So it is a lot of fun and a great way to make money. But you have to think what fish will make you some good money. Thats why im breeding Kribs because they are unusual and sell for around $6 a pop.

Jason's Profile Page
Jason7894561230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7894561230
I am 14 and i have a breeding progam, i breed Kribensis and am attempting some gold severums. Its something that takes time to start and effort. I have been through so many hurdles but now i have a steady tank and my fish spawn reguarly. So it is a lot of fun and a great way to make money. But you have to think what fish will make you some good money. Thats why im breeding Kribs because they are unusual and sell for around $6 a pop.
Where do you sell them?
Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm in the process of breeding and selling clownfish. There saltwater fish, but the same theories apply. The hardest part is finding a pair that will breed. I hope you have better luck then me! lol ive ben waiting over 3 monthes
Old 05-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Where do you guys sell them? Or where should I sell them? We have local pet shops one of my family friends owns but I've also been wondering about selling online? I know there is a classifieds on here but is there any other websites?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Selling online is usually very difficult because of shipping methods...... And i currently can sell to 4 different LFS that will buy around 30 each a month
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownfish767
Selling online is usually very difficult because of shipping methods...... And i currently can sell to 4 different LFS that will buy around 30 each a month
LFS? What is that?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsams

LFS? What is that?
Local Fish Store
Old 05-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

local fish store
Old 05-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks betta and Bige. And sorry i forgot you were new :/. Just never give up on it if you really want to do it!

Tags
breed, breeding, breeding fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com