Male or Female? Salty or Freshy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Male or Female? Salty or Freshy?

• Male Freshy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female Freshy

• Male Salty

• Female Salty

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so.....it seems as though there are more males in this hobby than females. Also, there are definitly more males into salt, than fresh. Why do you think that is? Maybe since it's more labor intense women don't want to deal with it....I dunno....

For me, saltwater is just too costly. I am definitely interested in it, but when I look into the setup I shy away. I think one day after the kids are grown I will start one. Every time I go into the LFS I drool over the SW section. One of my local non-fish suppliers is actually an exclusive marine shop, which mainly maintains tanks in businesses around town. You should see that place! I have never seen a FW shop with such gorgeous, healthy fish. If you've seen it in the ocean, they've got it!

You can't be the onliest one! Calling all female salties... Well, if you are, consider yourself ultra special (If you don't already :wink: ) I'm just a wanna be, and therefore not worthy!

lmw80 said:
Ok, so.....it seems as though there are more males in this hobby than females. Also, there are definitly more males into salt, than fresh. Why do you think that is? Maybe since it's more labor intense women don't want to deal with it....I dunno....
hehe, I think I know what it is! There aren't enough lethal FW aquarium fish to be cool enough for men! 8)

Na, it's the DIY aspect - I know that's why my husband loves the tank. Always something new to plumb, build, plug in, etc.

:)

I object to the non-politicaly correct polling options.

I'm Bi...

well.. aquatic Bi.. or is it Bi-Aquatic or.. dual envirment... or is it simply decisionaly challenged? heh :mrgreen:

Male Salty/Freshy

oh my I'm blind - too many colors

and the flashing - gonna give someone a seizure!

he said he was aquarium bi....so I am trying to show him that I have no problem with his "choice", lol. :D

he said he was aquarium bi....so I am trying to show him that I have no problem with his "choice", lol.
Are you trying to give us the rainbow??? HMM :? :lol:
Im a Male FW/SW although i do love my SW more! Kinda what reef said more DIY projects for me to play with.....and POWERTOOLS!! :twisted:
Lets just say my other half is a mute, for she dont wanna speak her opinion considering it would probably be something i dont wanna hear! "I hate those tanks you spend more time with them than me!" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom