man- check out this crazy freak of a fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow! I had no clue that STL had a 2 headed snake. Is it really the only one in the world?

BTW- Odd looking fish. Does anyone know what causes deformaties such as the two mouth fish or the two headed snake?

Ive seen two headed snakes a lot ... my assumption is in both cases an enviromental factor has spurred this type of mutation.

Fishyfanatic said:
Odd looking fish. Does anyone know what causes deformaties such as the two mouth fish or the two headed snake?

I guess we have forgotten that this occurs in humans too? Siamese twins is the "normal" identification for the human species. Zygotes splitting which would normally produce twins don't split entirely and we have these occurrences. Not so much a mystery IMO.

I know about the Siamese Twins but for some reason I didn't think it could happen in animals. Not sure why I thought that. :D Just a blonde moment.

Can't believe this guy is gonna eat the fish... We've pulled fish with 3 eyes out of the river here, and wouldn't eat those suckers. LOL

Of course I don't eat fish anyways... Stopped eating them when I was 7 and my brother brought home a big nasty mudfish he caught... LOL Never had any desire to eat them again.

"Fish are friends not food."

ooo, fish are friends and food. lol. One of my favorite foods infact. *glances slyly at cichlid tank* lol. crazy fish though, wonder how they get two mouths...I understand siamese twins, but I've never understood what causes extra body parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom