mariland 5g hex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
i dont know where to post this seeing as i don't know what to do with it at all. it has a built in bio wheel filter and a 15w screw in fixture also have a 25w preset heater library girl was kind enough to let me have it id love to do something cool or exotic with it i just dont know what

You could try a planted... Or what about a dwarf puffer tank? Then you'd have brackish, salt, and fresh. :) (unless the puffer is fresh... I can never remember lol.)

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol some fresh some bw some sw isn't 5 wayy to small? i realy want something exotic

5 gallons per puffer... You do the math ;) hmm... Talk to Dylan if you're interested. I think he's doing something like this too.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
ohh puffer josh like il pm em in the am well...later am its 110am now lol you want pics lauren?

Of the 5? Sure it's the same time here. I'm at a sleepover though. My friends already asleep lol.

lol i like the built in filter and bio wheel i want to fill er up soo bad

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 70
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol i like the built in filter and bio wheel i want to fill er up soo bad

It looks awesome! Definitely talk to Dylan... I'd think a puffer would look great in there! You could even make it planted! Alright... Now I'm sleepy lol... Wish I could stay on longer, but I'm gonna pass out lol. See you tomorrow!

no,dp's need 5 gallonbs per puffer,there super aggressive.

Everything you need to know about Dwarf Puffers, you can pretty much find here.
Dwarf Puffers : Home
They're not exactly easy to care for, so make sure you're willing to do everything necessary to provide for it properly.

alLexX said:
no,dp's need 5 gallonbs per puffer,there super aggressive.

It doesn't really have to do with aggression but adequate swimming room, but yes they are known to be aggressive.

Sure wolf you could fit 1-2 puffers in there but would they be happy? I would be hesitant to put one puffer in there, it's a hex. tank, forcing the fish to swim up and down, countless times. Not really the environment suitable for a dwarf puffer. Wolf why don't you give up the tank you were going to make a shrimpatat and use this hex? I believe it was a 15 gallon? You could comfortably fit 3 dwarf puffers in there. They are really awesome fish to have, and I'm not trying to discourage you from keeping them, you just need a larger tank.

And home dog, thank you for telling him to P.M. me. Lol, but like Jenatron said everything he needs to know is on dwarfpuffers.com That site and some other ones is where I did most of my reading.

Last edited:
Homedog98 said:
It looks awesome! Definitely talk to Dylan... I'd think a puffer would look great in there! You could even make it planted! Alright... Now I'm sleepy lol... Wish I could stay on longer, but I'm gonna pass out lol. See you tomorrow!

And if he even added a puffer, the tank would have to be HEAVILY planted. They need lots of plants (fake or live) to keep them entertained, and it gives them a place to hide if they feel threatened.

hm thanks for the info i may turn the 15 into a dp tankk mabye i need to see if i can care for them first. i love the footprint of the hex for some reason so i really want to try something exotic

Their care isn't really that hard. They need a 50% PWC a week. I don't think that's that bad. I mean 10% a day for 5 days. They need frozen foods and live foods (snails). Live foods only once and a while. You may feel intimidated with live foods but pond snails are fine, and they are easy to culture in a small tank. They don't even need snails to be honest, because it's suppose to wear down their teeth but DP's don't show any problem with large teeth like other puffer species. For the hex, everyone always wants something exotic but with a 5 gallon hex. your not really going to find anything, they do have some crazy colored shrimp out there.
Also dwarf puffers are 100% FW. Green spotted puffers need BW as they grow and as adults can be fully acclimated to SW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom