Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Cookies N Punch's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 75
Marine Biology Degree

Hey, I was just wondering if there is anyone in this forum that has a degree in marine bio? Ive always been interested in the ocean and its inhabitants so im thinking about going back to school and getting a degree. I was just wondering how intense it is as far as classes and labs? Also what jobs I could be looking forward to?

Cookies N Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 139
im just starting a degree in medicine and a friend is doing one in marine bio. both are pretty heavy on the workload. you only learn about the rough outline in lectures and they expect you to learn all the detail yourself. i think i was told "they teach 30% that allows you to understand the other 70% that you have to go find out yourself". basically although you might not be in lectures all day you will still be at uni studying. they class it as full time education even though its not like school. as for jobs there are lots of choices. when i find them il post some links for you about choosing careers and options.
i have to say do it tho. im a qualified chef and have been for 6 years but i decided to go and retrain. studying is a habit you have to get back into and its tough to be studying again when all your friends are settling down starting families but its so worth it. at least it is now - ask me again when im mid exams! :P

Tivaala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
Cookies N Punch's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 75
Thanks! Yea I hear ya on that. But im 22 so i got some time. I have my AA in business but the economy sucks right now so theres no point in starting a business right now so mine as well go with something im interested in.
Cookies N Punch is offline   Reply With Quote

bio, marine

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The biology of a careless Whisper ultratonic1 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 30 12-12-2005 05:45 PM
6 degree temp drop overnight. SeriousDude5 Saltwater Reef Aquaria 7 01-22-2005 01:36 PM
Biology Project....ideas? Todd2 Aquaria Off-Topic 6 04-11-2004 02:31 AM
Catalina Goby okay is 80-82 degree tank? jamal-188 Saltwater Reef Aquaria 2 11-10-2003 07:11 PM
Murder in the 78th Degree madasafish Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 18 10-06-2003 01:53 PM

» Photo Contest Winners

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.