MARINELAND ECLIPSE TANKS: AQUARIUMS OR DUNGEONS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

honmol

Aquarium Advice Activist
http://www.finclub.com/started.html

If you click on that link, it will take you to a page with "The Secrets of Smart Fishkeeping!" If you click on "don't crowd that aqurium", it will tell you how many fish you can fit in your Explorer II 2 gallon aquarium: 10 guppies or white clouds!! 5 barbs, tetras, zebra danios, cories, and rasboras!! or 3 goldfish, giant danios, paradise fish, platies or mollies. Note that some of those fish can be 4 or more inches long (instead of the 1 1/2-2 inches they claim)!! And they say you can put three in a TWO GALLON tank! I feel bad for all the little fish that die and the little kids who fail at the hobby because of this.

Send comments to "info@marineland.com"!!

Also look at the marineland eclipse system 3. . . It's a 3 gallon tank with such awful problems that I can't see how people could actually put a fish in there.It makes fish live in their own toilet but it's also about as much room as a human would have in a shower or closet.

I swear this culture breeds ignorance. One of the most common things to see on tv shows is parents replacing goldfish or other fish for the kids before they notice that the fish died. This has been a common scene in tv shows for a long time, yet people never connected that fish can't be housed in little bowls. How hard is it to connect things?! I wonder if the people who stock a two gallon tank as recommended on this site and then have to deal with dead fish ever realize why.

If you go to their regular marineland website and look at the tanks they sell, all the pictures have overstocked tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom