Math!! arghh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blazeherd2306

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anyone solve these? They're extra credit problems for my precalc class, and I think if I do them I could boost my grade up to an A....

Find the sum of the reciprocals of two real numbers, given that these two numbers have a sum of 50 and a product of 25.

I have no clue on this one. I tried using a system of equations, but it didn't really work out to suit what the problem is asking

A typical telephone number in the United States used to be 7 digits. Recently, several areas of the country have started using ten-digit telephone numbers. Columbus, Georgia and Orlando, Florida are two such cities. If the entire country goes to a ten-digit telephone, exactly how many different ten-digit telephone numbers will be available such that the first digit cannot be a 0 or 1 and the fourth digit cannot be a 0 or a 1?

I think this can be solved using combinatorics or permutations...one of them. I'm not completely sure though.

Can't help you, but I thought every city in the country now had 10 digit telephone numbers? Or is your question just an old question?
Sorry for the hijack

Back
Top Bottom