meat slicers and me... ouch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked at a Tropical Sno (sno cone stand) when I was 13 and my boss came over and switched out the blade on the ice shaver. Now, I WATCHED him do this. That night about an hour before closing I was making an sno cone and I got to the end of the ice. About a 1/2 inch block is still there but the machine won't shave it so I pulled it out of the machine. A chunk of ice was stuck to the blade so STUPID me, I use my finger to push it through. And let me tell ya, THAT was a sharp blade. Before my finger even touched the thing I felt the sting. So i sliced my finger, took off a chunk of my finger, and when I felt the pain I jolted my hand upward (another stupid move) and I shoved the top of my hand onto the metal spikes that holds the ice in place. OW!

The next time that I made a stupid mistake was when I worked at a mexican restaraunt. I worked in the kitchen. One day I was making salsa and had to dice the tomatoes. We have this manual dicer thing that you put the tomatoe on the blade section and push down on this large metal thing and it slices the tomatoe through the blades, dicing them. I was going at a pretty fast rate and didn't take my hand out in time. OUCH! I still have the scars on the palm of my hand. My fingers have been cut MANY times. Every finger on my left hand has a scar on it. My finger prints are NOTHING like they were when I was 12.

I cant have sharp knives in my house. When my hubby cooks, he gets in such a "groove" that he will cut him self... every time...:roll:
If it can easily cut a 'mato... its too sharp for him. <dork>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom