Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-07-2005, 03:00 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
Originally Posted by flipz
the posters and stuff that they put up to raise awareness on industrial accidents can be quite graphic. 8O
and for good reason.

Acronyms and Abbreviations
Old 04-07-2005, 06:19 PM   #12
thats what happend to my brother a week before his wedding day

he was cleaning the tomato slicer at wendy's and when he was washing it, it slipped and went about 1/4 inch into his finger

also i know how your pain is, about 2 years ago i got hit with a shovel(the sharp end) in the leg, i was crying it hurt so bad, and i never cry
Old 04-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to flipz
not thread jacking here or anything, but side note.

mastershake: does popeye have some significance to you? why don't you use a better avatar for your name? heh. like one of these:

just a thought... lol
Come join the Ohio forum on AA!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:41 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus
My daughter cut her finger about a month ago, all the way through the nail and into the finger, and though the nail pretty much kept the wound together so she did not need stitches, she did need a tetanus shot - very good advice above. You might also require an antibiotic, but hopefully it'll heal up no problem. Gonna take a while, though.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
On a side note:

Don't stop a chainsaw with your hand

(that is an actual warning)

Old 04-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Felf
450lb fishing line dug into my uncle's hands when he was pulling a 300+ pound marlin to the boat and it slowly swam under the boat (cut all the way to the bone). one of a handful of times i didnt go with him in 10 years...
Old 04-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
AAAAAHHH This is all so gross, I can hardly read it. BUT I keep coming back for more. How sick is that??
Old 04-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist
it doesnt really hurt much anymore, just sore ,and whacking it on stuff all day doesnt help, but its just there, im glad this is the worst injury ive had, everyones got much worse, when it happened another cook told me about this guy he knew that took his entire palm off practically on one not useing the guard thing, said the guy passed out right there when all the blood rose,

there is a cook wehre i work i consider the village idiot, he thought he was faster then a big electric mixer and stuck his hand in it while it was on, hes slipped with a pot of boiling water and burned both his legs bad, he thought he would show off and flip a cleaver and cathc it, he cought it right in the thumb and needed to go get stitches, hes just a moron though, hes hurt other people, i have no idea why hes still around
Old 04-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Originally Posted by Meredith
AAAAAHHH This is all so gross, I can hardly read it. BUT I keep coming back for more. How sick is that??
If you insist...

I worked at a factory that made cardboard tubes for industrial use. They would be anywhere from 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch thick and we could cut them to any (theoretical) length.

We had a job we were doing where we were making spools for a wire company. The tubes were 1/4 inch thick and we had to cut them to 1 foot long. Basically, you cut the tubes coming off the machine to around 14 feet and then somebody else does the smaller cuts. [ominous music] The machine that does the smaller cuts basically spins the tube through a razor blade at the touch of a button. The guy doing the smaller cuts that day was wearing gloves that have tiny rubber dots on the palm side to help grip things. Unfortunately, he had his right hand on the tube when he pushed the button. As the tube spun, his hand stuck to it (because of the glove) and put his hand through the razor blade. The red line in the picture below illustrates what was cut off...
Attached Images
Old 04-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #20
AA Team Emeritus
I work for a hand surgeon and have seen some pretty drastic hand injuries, and almost always it involves a machine and a glove. My husband is missing the tip of his index digit from a similar accident involving a smaller machine.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com