Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to dogspot
absolute wild speculation!

2 Black Calvi
3 Julidchromus Transcripti
3 Synodontis Petricolas
2 Common Plecos
(all are juveniles) Plan to upgrade to about 120 gallons soon
Old 06-13-2005, 06:36 PM   #22
zacdl

Isnt that horrible?

Old 06-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #23
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Having sat on a jury last summer for a child molestation case, I can tell you that is is a very difficult verdict to reach. Jurors are instructed that if there is reasonable doubt you must come back with a verdict of innocent.

Believe me, a lot of sleep is lost by the jurors on child molestation cases and it really comes down to whether the prosecution proved guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Unbelievable. I thought for sure he would get what was coming. Just remember, there is a huge difference between not guilty and inocnet. What can I say...He is one SMOOTH CRIMINAL and it was a THRILLER of a trial. You can SAY, SAY, SAY,what you want. It is HUMAN NATURE to be upset about this. YOUR NOT ALONE. I guess to me it is OFF THE WALL, he has too many SKETETONS IN THE CLOSET already. It seemed so BLACK OR WHITE it made me want to SCREAM. Sorry, this is really BAD, I better BEAT IT. I am heading over to Neverland for a sleep-over
Old 06-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #25
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ohh... You're Bad - You're bad ......
Old 06-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

JG, very well put. The bottom line is that the prosecution has charged someone with a horrible crime. The prosecution is proposing that the legal system take away the freedom of a defendant, in this case Michael Jackson. Therefore, the prosecution has the burden to prove their case. In seeking this great punishment, our legal system requires that the prosecution jump a very high hurdle. When the prosecution misses, no matter how close they get, the defendant walks.

In the business of incarceration, there should be little margin for error. If there is error, then we err on the side of letting someone free. Otherwise the prosecution is rewarded for sloppy work and we lose the safeguards built into the system.

RR quoted William Blackstone: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer." That is the price we pay to be able to walk free. Yes, I agree that Michael Jackson is not what we would consider normal. But if I were judged by what others think about me, I would have a rough life to live.

Regardless of our opinion about what happened, Michael Jackson was found "not guilty," he was not declared "innocent." That just means that the prosecution failed to carry its burden of proof. As to whether he did it, few people actually know. The rest of us just speculate.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
Old 06-13-2005, 09:22 PM   #27
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Very well put. We have to have faith in our justice system while realizing that it will occassionally make mistakes. Mistakes and all - it is still a better system than other countries have in which you are guilty until proven innocent.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:23 PM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
"not guilty," he was not declared "innocent."
If Jesus Christ were tried in our court system he would not be declared innocent either....

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 06-13-2005, 09:37 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

And speaking of that, IF he is guilty then we don't need to worry, he will get it in the end, we ALL have to stand in judgement and answer for our sins and crimes. So even though there was not enough to convict him (if he was guilty) he will answer for his crimes. (that's IF he is guilty).

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 06-13-2005, 10:20 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was brought up in a religious community, my query is..

Quote:
end, we ALL have to stand in judgement and answer for our sins and crimes.
I thought thats why 'The son of God' died, to forgive our sins...
Another question:
If a person is deemed a child molester wether he/she repents or not, all religions I know of will condem him/her and pretty much, 'ignore' them as a part of reality..
If a priest or a Minister of religion commits such an offence and repents, all is forgiven.
Why is that?
Not only that, but how come a minister of religion is seen as the "head of the flock"
As much as he/she is guiding the people, he also commits the offence of being a hierarchial figure.. Why is that justified when 'God' condones any act of heirarchy.
ie. The Pope.
Don't get me wrong, I respect all religions and their people, or 'cults' as I prefer to call them, I'm just wondering how all these things can be justified before God when he has specifically had it written as opposed to such.

Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Closed Thread

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com