mission accomplished..donations delivered , update with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid I can't do anything since I'm not even in the U.S., but I just want to say that it's great your taking initiative to help out! Kudos to you! (y)

We now have a website for the cause.
http://www.katrinarelief-cleveland.org/
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has agreed to accept our donations at a warehouse in Jackson. Penske truck rental has agreed to give us a large discount on truck rentals and Uline has agreed to supply us with boxes. A local TV station interviewed us today and more are coming.
The ball is rolling.
anyone in the Cleveland area is invited to help, or donate.
Thanks
Kurt

I have a good amount of canned food I will bring by. I will go out and purchase some bottled water and baby formula. since i am not a father :roll: what kind of formula is good to get?

God speed.

Reef- All types of formula is good. At this point in time I doubt they are picky. Different babies use different formula's so an assortment would be great. I'm just looking at this from an auntie view. My nephew went through 6 different brands before they could find one that didn't make him throw up (acid reflux). It's great what you guys are doing. You guys are really showing what is great about America.

I visited Kurt at the store today to drop of some supplies. I was amazed that after only a day (half day) there was already a ton of stuff at the store. He told me of one lady who's boss sent her to the store with $2000.00 to get stuff to donate. there was 30 some cases of water and the same in diapers. caned food, baby food, peanut butter, beans, toothpast, toilet paper, you name it. Kurt you really doing a good job. your doing Gods work. I am glad to know you.

Tim.

P.S I hope you get your account quick so you can start procuring funds and larger support. 0X 0X 0X 0X

Thank you my friend, I appreciate you support. It went well today, lets hope to top it tomorrow!! We collected 8300 diapers, over 2700 bottles of water, 600-800 items of food and many other needed items.
If anyone is interested, you can see our progress on the website. The first truck is rolling out on Tuesday.
http://www.katrinarelief-cleveland.org/

Kurt, you are doing a good thing. I wish I was closer so that I could give things to you to take down there.

I just wanted to suggest that if anyone does buy infant formula, buy the ready-to-use so that there is no need for a clean water supply.

Also, I posted the link on a regional (Ohio) board at another message board site I post on.

It's a good and compassionate thing you are doing. I can't do more than donate money, I live too far away to do anything in person.

The fact that you are doing anything at all is wonderful!!
What we are doing is allowing folks that cannot affords (or do not trust the Red Cross) to give directly to a group that is giving direct relief to people that have lost everything.
There are other relief outlets that are working hard. We have connected with one that will accept tangible donations and get them to the folks that need them yesterday....
I am proud of what they are doing and will continue to support their efforts in any way I can.

Wow, I am just beside myself with awe. I am so glad to hear you are back safe and continueing with the relief efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom