Most annoying things in fish keeping!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when you have 75 pals dollars to spend, thats 1500 i spent to get it, and they tell you "sorry they expire after 45 days you only have 15 dollars to spend. when you spend 75 dollars on a new acrylic tank and when you get it out of the box there is a big scratch so you have to bring it back. when your trying to get your coral home as fast as possible, then you get pulled over for speeding.
I feel that! How bout spending 1k on an acrylic tank to have it arrive out of plumb almost one inch! Worse yet have tide maker not respond for six weeks!

Also dropping the bag of water & coral on the sidewalk is a fun one too.

when your trying to get your coral home as fast as possible, then you get pulled over for speeding.

I hear that! I got a new fishy friend and I was wanting to get it home fast! I didn't get pulled over, but I was scared being I was doing 15 over the whole way.:lol: I love 45 minutes away from the nearest saltwater fish store.

Also water changes do suck, but I think by far the worse I get is a mouth full of water from the saltwater tank! By far the nastiest thing I have ever experienced. :ROFLMAO:

+1 to the water changes....also when your favorite fish begins bullying tankmates...leaves you to figure out why and what to do next....getting rid of is usually not option

5 things.
1: OMG MR.GUPPY STAY STILL SO I TAKE YOUR PICTURE

2: the prices of most aquarium gear, ex: filter is 6 dollars for 1 "no thanks, i'll just put charcoal in a bag" lol

3: fish not getting along. Excited about a new fishy, he goes in, and 4 hours later he is secluded in the corner with my pleco.

4: water changes: 'nuff said.

5: when my pleco decides, "i want fibsog to clean the most algae possible! I won't eat here, i ll just eat the rocks he replaces every 3 months."
Me: *scraping off crusty algae and giving him dirty looks*

'A' im weird.

Troll.

Trying to explain to anyone why I need another fish tank for what ever reason.
Trying to answer the question yet again for the millionth time of "why do you change the water so much?" Then listening to the sickening story "when I had a fish tank years ago I didnt change the water I just added water when it evaporated down and the filter made noises. If the fish died it just ment I could get a new one maybe a different one to look at"
And the most annoying comment. " Is that all you do? Every time I call or come by you are doing something to or with a fish tank." Well no thats not ALL I do... the kids dont take care of themselves and I dont have a cleaning fairy so yes I do other things..

Trying to answer the question yet again for the millionth time of "why do you change the water so much?" Then listening to the sickening story "when I had a fish tank years ago I didnt change the water I just added water when it evaporated down and the filter made noises. If the fish died it just ment I could get a new one maybe a different one to look at"
And the most annoying comment. " Is that all you do? Every time I call or come by you are doing something to or with a fish tank." Well no thats not ALL I do... the kids dont take care of themselves and I dont have a cleaning fairy so yes I do other things..

I totally agree!

Having to move all 5 of my tanks out of the fish room again
wife thinks it's a easy task
just so we can turn it back into bed room again for my daughter
I hate musical fish tanks

Having to move all 5 of my tanks out of the fish room again
wife thinks it's a easy task
just so we can turn it back into bed room again for my daughter
I hate musical fish tanks

Oh yes... those who dont understand what it takes to move an established tank are a headache..
I hear well its just a fish tank. Well that just a fish tank right now consists of one 110 gallon tall tank with a 33 gallon sump one 60 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump one 33 gallon long tank with duel HOBs and a HOB protien skimmer and a 30 gallon long tank with HOB refugium. None of these are the lets just move it over there jobs. Its a few hours easy just for one tank with a sump to be moved a couple feet..

Nothing worse than a mouth full of fish water! Now I know on the wc change that that water is probably safer for my than my nasty tap but I just can't get the thought of eweeee! Fish pee!
What's worse is filter gunk in your eye. My eye looked like something from a horror movie!

mine would be cleaning the skimmer (saltwater) the moment you open it up to clean..... the smell is sooo bad its like a slap in the face

Yes. Just yes. Preach :)

Oh my, you said it loud and clear for many of us! So annoying!

Columnaris. Period. *Edit* Or any other seemingly untreatable illnesses that appears from nowhere and slowly kills off your whole tank regardless of your diligence in maintenace.

Last edited:
I feel that! How bout spending 1k on an acrylic tank to have it arrive out of plumb almost one inch! Worse yet have tide maker not respond for six weeks!

Also dropping the bag of water & coral on the sidewalk is a fun one too.

man i cant even imagine how mad you were. i was mad over 70 dollars lol i work 50 hours a week and make 8 bucks an hour so my weekly budget is 100 or less. i couldn't afford a tank like that at, but one day ;)
how about when you buy a tank, Itank 5g white version, only to go back and see that they have it in black and you didn't know!!!! looks like i will have two itanks ;)
when you have to do over 5 water changes and then shower at 5 am so you arent late and your fish are happy.

when people at pet stores who don't know you, try to talk to you like your stupid and then they don't even know what a mikrogeophagus ramirezi is!! or when your buying dry rock for a saltwater tank and they are so dumb they think you are getting it for a fw and say "don't buy that, it will raise your ph." oh you gotta love the annoyances in this hobby :)
w

Columnaris. Period. *Edit* Or any other seemingly untreatable illnesses that appears from nowhere and slowly kills off your whole tank regardless of your diligence in maintenace.

I know, I know - just have to wait for the good times to roll around again.

Back
Top Bottom