Most annoying things in fish keeping!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fake decorations. Seriously. I hate them. All of them. I like natural tanks, that's how they should be. The only non-natural thing I like in tanks are terra-cotta pots and clay caves. Even those need to blend in with the wood, rocks and plants.

No, I won't tell you how great that tank looks with the Grecian ruins and Spongebob decor because it doesn't appeal to me.

When fish wedge them between the decor and kill themselves overnight. (lost a Large Angel to the glass and a coconut and a tetra between two plastic plant leaves of all places! Gah.)

Also ich. It's so common and so darn stubborn!

When I had angels, one of them dubbed "Big Stupid" because he seem really dense, disappeared. He was 4 1/2" tall. I couldn't figure out where the heck he went. Found him wedged inside the castle I had in the tank. :huh: Needless to say, he didn't survive. I really felt bad about that, so I ditched all the decorative tchatchka.

I hate as much as I try to level out my sand... My cichlids will ALWAYS move them and make so many mountains!

The wet arm. Remembering that the lotion I just put on 10 minutes ago might not be a great thing to be putting in my aquarium.

The wet arm. Remembering that the lotion I just put on 10 minutes ago might not be a great thing to be putting in my aquarium.

My life. Plus dripping the wet arm all over the floor rushing to grab a towel because of course you didn't think to grab one before your arm took a dive.

My life. Plus dripping the wet arm all over the floor rushing to grab a towel because of course you didn't think to grab one before your arm took a dive.

Reckon :) the towel is never where it should be or the ends drop in the tank...

And when all done and all dry, a final check shows something has dropped off the tank cross piece to the bottom of the tank.

"And when all done and all dry, a final check shows something has dropped off the tank cross piece to the bottom of the tank."

Oh yeah Dela, the last dive. lol

The arm dive is never planned is it? Looking at the tank you suddenly think... "uh oh, look at that uprooted plant, i should replant it...hmmm that plant could really use a trim.... I should remove those leaves there.... that rock/wood should be angled a little more..."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The arm dive is never planned is it? Looking at the tank you suddenly think... "uh oh, look at that uprooted plant, i should replant it...hmmm that plant could really use a trim.... I should remove those leaves there.... that rock/wood should be angled a little more..."

Lol - that's it !

Exactly what happens!

I'm still new to this hobby (6 months) but so far the most annoying thing is how addicting it is. About to add my third tank this week. Just wish I had more money but I'm adding a 75g so that will have to hold me over for a while.

Following old scales rescale thread than having to do my own ! Good thing it's Sunday funday:)
Edit-was going to correct rescale to rescape.. Mehh it works..

Back
Top Bottom