Most difficult fish to catch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My bristlenoses are the hardest to catch. Any/all of them! I have tried everything to make it quicker, but any time I have to net someone it takes 30 minutes and I have to chase them with my net onto glass so I can get them cupped in my hand. It's rediculous!

I also had a female betta that would take a good 15 minutes to wear out enough for me to net her.

It doesn't help that all my tanks are very densely planted. It actually really sucks! I always tear up half the tank trying to catch anyone and it'll take me another hour to replant!

This isn't in a tank but it was an alligator gar

I was fishing down the east of Texas and I was fishing with my dad the. We saw a huge 5 foot alligator gar we fished for it with live bait and we got it but it was like a 30 minute struggle to bring it close it scales cut me when I pulled it out of the water because the back of them are sharp hardest and most exhausting catch ever!!!

Orange stripped trigger fish in a 150g took me 2 days using a acrylic trap. Once the fish got in the trap I pulled the pin and the door trapped the fish. Took him out because he was extremely aggressive and eat everything inside the tank.
Good thread, pretty much everyone has to go though this when owning a fish tank.

My black Kuhli loach.. I moved all my fish to temporary tanks while I got some new plants in the tank and moved things around. It took both me and my boyfriend 20 minutes to catch the little guy so we could stick him back in the tank.

I was going to saw Khulis! I've resorted to using my hand lol. When I first got them it took the guys at LFS 40 mins to catch them all. It was so funny, 3 big guys catching 4 1-inch "worms" as one said. They kept going through the substrate and poppin out the other end hehe.

it was kinda annoying though because another guy was trying to catch balloon mollies out of the same tank needless to say i was there for an hour and a half and not very happy but got one for free so only paid 10 bucks for the two

Back
Top Bottom