Most overstocked goldfish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingforfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
This was taken at the midst end of last year (September)

http://youtu.be/Jk_jLQIKunk

Wow, and I thought my stocking ideas were going overboard..oh how I'm glad I finally got that sorted out!

It looks cool with the vibrancy of the gold fishes colors and the actual set up of the tank but I really can't say anything else about it..
What do you think?

*This is not my video, just wanted to share that in case I get yelled at..haha.

I wonder if the owner made it, the fish probably ate him for over stocking that much. That's crazy

Haha I wouldn't be surprised if they did! I wonder how much money he had to spend on them..my parents would kill me if I thought of something like that.

I don't know how people can enjoy watching a tank as crammed as those. The constant bustle of the goldfish was stressing me out after just a minute!
The bare bottom tank with goldfish and tropicals was so jam-packed you couldn't appreciate any one individual fish, never mind see their natural behaviours.
That last one was just horrible. All those giant fish packed in like sardines. I just don't get WHY? It doesn't look good. It's not relaxing, or even exciting (though he probably feeds them live fish for that). I'd so like to understand what the owner is thinking and feeling when s/he watches the fish in that tank. Are they like trophies I wonder?

I don't know how people can enjoy watching a tank as crammed as those. The constant bustle of the goldfish was stressing me out after just a minute! The bare bottom tank with goldfish and tropicals was so jam-packed you couldn't appreciate any one individual fish, never mind see their natural behaviours. That last one was just horrible. All those giant fish packed in like sardines. I just don't get WHY? It doesn't look good. It's not relaxing, or even exciting (though he probably feeds them live fish for that). I'd so like to understand what the owner is thinking and feeling when s/he watches the fish in that tank. Are they like trophies I wonder?

Tell me about it! I found alot of overstocked goldfish tanks more than anything.

As for the last one, I think you should look at the first link on the videos description, and read it realll well..that will answer your question completely. (Warning: you may not like what you see.)

Haha I wouldn't be surprised if they did! I wonder how much money he had to spend on them..my parents would kill me if I thought of something like that.

I would love to have that tank, that person is an idiot. I agree, they treat those fish like trophies

These were taken at a nail salon.

Woah O.O
That reminds me of the time I ate at a restaurant and they had 2 full sized cichlids in a small 5 gallon...I don't still know how they made it without fighting.

That tank looks like a 10 or 20, or 30 (cant really tell) and even that wouldn't be enough it seems. Though I read somewhere that in Asia most fish keepers overstock their tanks because in their eyes it's not overstocked as opposed other parts in the world (just a little thought).

Woah O.O
That reminds me of the time I ate at a restaurant and they had 2 full sized cichlids in a small 5 gallon...I don't still know how they made it without fighting.

That tank looks like a 10 or 20, or 30 (cant really tell) and even that wouldn't be enough it seems. Though I read somewhere that in Asia most fish keepers overstock their tanks because in their eyes it's not overstocked as opposed other parts in the world (just a little thought).

I think it was a standard 55.

But the stock was a blood parrot, a pacu, 2 koi, 3 of the shark like species I forget the exact name, a 6-7 inch catfish that I missed a photo of, and that tiny lone tetra.

I think it was a standard 55.

But the stock was a blood parrot, a pacu, 2 koi, 3 of the shark like species I forget the exact name, a 6-7 inch catfish that I missed a photo of, and that tiny lone tetra.

A lone tetra?! wow, I wonder how it's doing; I can't imagine one alone...

It probably didn't start out alone :-(

...so would that tetra be considered lucky to still be alive or unlucky to be alive in a bad environment? ):

Neon tetras were one of the first fishes on my stocking list until I heard how sensitive and active they are. I think they could've owned a group of neons if they had compatible fishes in the tank...but seriously? Blood parrots? 3 Sharks? I don't even know where to begin lol

That tetra looks like a serpae. If he was in the same tank as all those other fish, he is probably responsible for the scale loss on the goldfish in picture two. Scary. There was a chinese restaurant near my house with a 55 gallon tank. The first fish it had was a silver arowana. After that it was replaced with two huge geophagus ( one had cloudy eyes and the other had fin rot) and a goldfish that was probably thrown in there for who knows what reason.

Back
Top Bottom