Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Most Shocking Tank Experience

I was just wondering if there was a time that was shocking to you. It can be either good or bad. Mine would probably be when I got 3 dwarf cory cats, and they all died in two weeks. It was horrible Thanks in advance for the posts!

Bluethumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
In college, I had a betta tank. One time when I left my bedroom for a minute, I came back in and saw my cat had reached into the uncovered tank and flipped the betta out of it. The betta was right next to the tank, and the cat was trying to chase the marbles in the bottom of the tank while ignoring the fish. I shooed away the cat and flipped the betta back into its tank and it lived for 2 more years. It was a rather shocking scene to walk in on though, especially when was JUST in the room.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, but thankfully they both led to fish stores.
absolutangel04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I lost en entire tank full of Tropheus when a heater broke. (My wife has since lost two additional tanks of fish this way. I hate heaters)

I had about 20 albino juvenile bristlenose plecos climb out through a tiny gap in the back of the tank.
dalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Most Shocking Tank Experience

My old thirty gallon that had some Serpae Tetras and a breeding trio of Peacock Gudgeons heater broke and killed everything but two Peacocks. It really made me mad considering how much I loved that tank and the things in it.

And dalto I know what you mean about heaters man, they can sometimes be little spawns of Satan.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:01 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
I lost a tank full of great fish due to heater malfunction as well. It's sad to think they got cooked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

brennae is offline   Reply With Quote

tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com