As some of you may know, I'm moving from Albuquerque, NM to Dallas (The Colony), TX in just 2 weeks. I'm really worried about the move, both on the human side and on the fish side. As each day passes, I think more and more about contact the LFS
where all 3 of my fish were purchased and asking if they will take them in (no store credit or anything... just take them). Well, today I finally sent them an e-mail (too scared to call. lol) and I'm awaiting a reply. I'm starting to get a sick feeling like I'm doing something wrong. We all love the fish, especially my 3 year old daughter (she's named them) and 1 year old son. I just really feel that this is the best solution. I fear that they will not make the move, and if they do, they will not make it through another cycle. They will be out of the tank for at least 4 days and I do not have anything smaller than my 29 gallon that I can use as a temp home, aside from ~1 gallon cooler that they were arranged to move it.
I'm not sure what I'm asking or saying here, but I just feel like I needed to make the post. I don't want to give my fish up, but I want what is best for them. I know I'm probably over-worrying and they'll be fine, but I don't want to take that chance. I'm also worried that the LFS
won't take the fish back, especially my Ryukin because he's missing an eye. I know my daughter will be sad to see them go to a new home, but I know that she would be devasted even more to see them dead.
Has anyone else been in this situation or have any advise, comments, etc? I would love to hear about it.... help reduce my stress!!!!