Moving tank - same room, different wall - suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
Daniel and I have to move our 46 gallon bowfront from one wall, about 100 yards away to another wall.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

thanks

OMG! 100 yards away and it is still in the same room! lol
I'd just take the fish out, unplug everything, drain as much water as you can into 5 gal buckets take out any heavy ornaments or rocks and move the tank. Good luck!

Honestly the process is about the same if your moving it 20ft or 200 miles. Take as much water out as possible. Put fish in buckets. Disconnect all equipment. If need be remove substrate. Move the tank and reverse the process.

k, thanks guys - I was hoping there was some trick I didn't know about for moving tanks short distances.

No real magic trick. Remember how heavy that tank is with water and such in it. Moving that amount of weight will be a challenge reguarless of distance and excessive lateral strain on the stand could cause it to bust if you try to push the tank say on carpeting or trying to carry a tank with water could cause excessive stress on the seals and cause tank failure.

On a simular note. How large is this room. 100yds away is quite some distance. A full football field in distance to be exact. Excluding endzones of course.

Sheesh, she meant inches, not feet!

LOL :p

When I moved mine, I emptied it down to just a few inches and my son in law and me just muscled it to the next room. :mrgreen:

Just be careful. A little water will cause extream stress on the joints when schloshing around and cause a leak later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom