Moving to volcano country (fixed the pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Trevor always said he would never live where tornadoes were a problem and in 11 days, we're moving to an area of active volcanoes :roll: I know we're not within even 50 miles of a volcano (I hope), but they are out there! While we were looking for an apartment, we also got to see Mt Hood and Mt St Helens.

[center:0de43e7f9a]Mt Hood
mthood2.jpg
mthood6.jpg

Mt St Helens
mtsthelens1.jpg
mtsthelens7.jpg

Meghan and Mt St Helens
meghanandmtsthelens.jpg

Trevor in his CSI pose and Mt St Helens (I don't know why he didn't smile :roll:)

csitrevor.jpg
[/center:0de43e7f9a]

I have a little jar that a 90 year old man gave me 25 years ago that has an inch of ash from the eruption back then. I still have it, sitting on a bookshelf in my living room.

Beautiful country Meghan. I know how much you're looking forward to getting to move again so I hope everything goes smoothly this time :p

I was three when the 1980 erruption occurred and lived in SE WA at the time. My mom has a pic of me with a dust mask on and a different pic of the ash piles up like snow on the street. We went to a Mt St Helens learning center and watched a movie--
img_530511_0_51e47c8428fa099bcdc59b701a25fc02.gif
YIKES
img_530511_1_5238da2cd623762309cba30dcf97eed3.gif
I know an erruption can happen again--it's only a matter of time (why are we moving there again?...).

Mt St. Helens was alto taller when I was at Fairchild AFB in Spokane. I was there when she blew her stack. The base was covered, it was wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom