Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-07-2004, 12:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know it... I have about 8 aquariums in the house with 5 of them setup and every week I still check the swap sheet for aquarium deals. Makes me feel better though I met this dude in Waterloo, we traded some livestock and corals and sand, I found out he has 150 tanks in his basement.

Oh yeah I'm driving out of state this Sunday to pick up a used 55 gallon reef setup. Woo hoo!

Eventually I would like to have a gardel eel tank.....sigh....

Old 05-07-2004, 02:33 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
You don't have MTS like I do.
With 6 tanks up and running, plus two QT tanks with more fish, I'd say I'm right there with you My only problem is there is not enough electrical outlets at my current place! When we use the microwave, we often loose power in half the house

Old 05-07-2004, 05:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

fortunately(I think) my case of mts isn't so bad. As hard as it is I'm going to resist this weekend. I'd really like to check out the prices but I really don't have the time, money, extra space, and I'm just too tired.. didn't really sleep last night... Unless one of you want to drive way out here I guess the prices will remain a mystery... Sure, I'll regret not looking but if I look.... I might regret that... Well, I really need to go lay down... you are all pretty funny... extra rope... hahaha
Old 05-07-2004, 05:58 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I was going to send the rope to tie you down, not for extra tanks
Spend the weekend with the kids--you'll be happier you did!
Old 05-08-2004, 01:35 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to flipz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menagerie
My only problem is there is not enough electrical outlets at my current place! When we use the microwave, we often loose power in half the house
Hahah!! That's great. So I never knew what MTS meant, because everytime I saw it the acronym pop up just told me Malaysian Trumpet Snails, and that never made sense. I thought this post was going to be my chance to finally ask. lol. I rolled over it 1 more time, and NOW it says Malaysian Trumpet Snails or Multiple Tank Syndrome. So now I know what is is. lol

This is something I suffer from, but luckily for me I move too much to actually be able to act on it. It's resulted in a couple tank upgrades, however I always have to sell off the smaller tank because I move too much. Things will change once I'm out of college, I know that for sure. My LFS always has great sales. I know once I have the space to put stuff, I'll end with them. haha. Last week they had a new 55 gallon with full hood, light, and heater for $65.

-brent
Old 05-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

But the stand will cost the big bucks
Old 05-09-2004, 11:47 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menagerie
Quote:
Originally Posted by William
You don't have MTS like I do.
With 6 tanks up and running, plus two QT tanks with more fish, I'd say I'm right there with you My only problem is there is not enough electrical outlets at my current place! When we use the microwave, we often loose power in half the house
Join the club. My house was built 50 years ago, 1 electrical outlet ever, oh...30 feet or so.

You should see all the comercial grade extension cords I have stretched around to power my tanks

and I'm right there with you, If I turn my Microwave on I risk blowing the circuit breaker.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

The place we're in was built in the 40's. It has lots of charm, just not a lot of outlets. There is a phone nook built into the wall in the main hallway with a shelf underneath for the phone book. Well, Calgary has grown a lot in 60 years and the phone book doesn't fit in there! I really like my place, I just don't like reprogramming the DVD player and setting the microwave clock two or three times a week
Old 05-09-2004, 06:06 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
I dont think any house has enough outlets.
My house was built in th mid 90's and I have about 10 outlets in my living room and it still ISNT enough...lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
Closed Thread

Tags
mts, sales

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com