MTS--is there a cure??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright....as most of you know, I picked up a 40 gallon reef set up. I picked it up and I've decided that I don't like the stand. No biggie, I'll just pick up a different stand.....WRONG!!!

An innocent call to my favorite lfs is going to get me into major trouble. I called about a replacement stand and ended up talking to the guy about a 125 sw tank.

My lfs is going out of business so he has this mondo 125 drilled tank...complete with stand and MH fixture (no sump). He'd let me have it for $1000. As my eyes glaze over I reply, "I'll be in this afternoon just to look at it." I've seen this tank a hundred times....and I know exactly what it looks like.

I need a therapist that can help me deal with my MTS......:silly:

You are addicted. You need AA. What is your total tally of tanks now. If you buy the 125 you should use the 40 as the refugium and sell your 75gallon setup to help pay for the expense. Ill buy it from ya for $500 with all your corals and all ofcourse. LOL

Sadly there isn't a cure. We actually removed furniture from our old apartment to accomidate another fish tank. We had considered removing the kitchen table and chairs for another tank but decided just to move instead. :)

personally i think the cure is raising electric and gas prices.

currently i'm converting my 20g cichlid breeding tank to a coldwater river tank so i save on the power bill for the heater.

john

Yea i dont think there is a cure. I have a 150 gal, 2 55 gal, a 29 gal, a 10 gal, and a 2.5 gal. IM in the process of setting up the 150 and one of the 55's. The other 55 and the 29 ahve been going for a whyle and the 10 gal is my hospital/quarintine tank. The 2.5 was a Betta tank sitting next to my 55 but the crayfish climbed out of the 55 and fell into the 2.5. Now there is no more Betta.

Ohh yea i forgot to add im considering building an extremely large tank in the basement built into the wall for a large shoal of Piranhas. Im thinking 600+ gallons with about 25-30 8"-10" Red Belly Piranhas in it. That would be a head turner when people come over for football games.

well, I do have an older son who is almost done with college therefore he'll be moving out.....wonder if I could make his room a sw tank? OOhhhh! wouldn't that be cool?? I'd have to learn to scuba dive just to do tank maintenance!

Back
Top Bottom