Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2004, 11:27 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
with my mom its very possible. but my dad. thats another story. his parents dided when he was a teen i think. and his bro took care of him. frmo the stories he was a really tough guy. now my dad has that. and because of that and hes korean and
that makes it a lil worse. he cant make up his mind. and what i cant figure out is he just bought my bro a nice new 25,000$ Acura RSX and now hes thinking about buying my sis a 27,000$ TSX and this kinda sux. ill prolly be left with the leftovers. i always do until i really get annoyed when we go to the store and my bro gets everything. thats 52,000$ right there. dude my tanks are like 1/1000 of that.
ive had very nice talks with my dad. ive had nice screaming conversations with my dad. they both work the same so i think the screaming is easier way to get it out.

he said hes going to get me a 250$ ipod for my b-day. that'd be nice all but one thing. he gets me what i dont want and doesntn want me to get what i want. i wish i was the oldest. then i ould drive.

Old 06-06-2004, 01:05 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok, i think most of us here now understand the whole thingy by now.

Just like my younger 20 years old sis, u probabily will not accept anything we advise u regarding this matter. The best u can do right now is to chill out the anger, n maybe 5-6 years later you will understand...

Its part of growing up cycle

Old 06-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Its part of growing up cycle

Nufsed
5-6 Inch Sand Bed-200+ lbs of LR
Old 06-06-2004, 02:28 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

I am sorry to hear the brichardi tank is no longer. You were doing your research on it and getting prepared for your new arrivals.
My main concern is you said in a different thread that you had the brichardi. Where are they now? If the tank is no longer, return the brichardi. krap, you have years of fish keeping ahead of you. When you move out on your own, you can keep as many tanks as you have room and money for!
I sympathize with your situation. There is a cultural barrier in play along with the whole growing up part.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:28 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Btw wat nufsed mean?
Old 06-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

nufsed is short for enough said if you sound it out.

i never said i had them. i didnt even cycle my tank yet. so at this point i wouldn't put that lvl of fish in a tank if i even would.

and in 5-6 years ill only be 18-19
Old 06-06-2004, 03:08 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
i never said i had them.
Sorry, I must have misread the post.
FYI--I just saw young brichardi at my fav LFS for $2.99 CAD!! Maybe you will go to college some place that has great LFS that sells locally bred fish and you will have so many choices, you won't know what to do with yourself!!
I didn't realize you were so young. That's a long time to wait to get out of the house Perhaps you can talk to your mother and come up with a way to talk to you father so that a comprimise can be worked out about your fish.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey krap101...
I have to say some of it is probably age. If your dad really spends that much money on your siblings it could simply be that they are older and more responsible... He may be just as much at a loss when it comes to relating to you as you might be with him... Of course there could be other factors in play that we might never know... Sometimes, something happens in life to someone, and it is very difficult and they never learn how to deal with it. Often times people hold on to all sorts of bitterness and it really effects who they are and how they treat other people. And when it comes to change, and facing ones struggles, it seems it gets harder for people as they get older, they get more subborn. There's not much one could do or say, especially someone's child... In all honesty the best thing you can do is avoid those yelling matches when you can... they are ok, and sometimes necessary, once in a while, but I guaruntee that your best bet is to just continue to try and be the best you, you can be... Things mighe be unfare now, but if you stay bitter about it, you could end up just like him when you get older... I know you're thinking "there's no way I would ever be like him" but trust me, people pick up most of the behavioural problems, and good things too, from their parents.
One thing that I must say to everyone on your behalf is... There are a lot of people your age and older, on this site, and other places, that would respond differently to some of the advice you're often given here. I haven't read every topic you've written, but most of the ones I've participated in, I don't recall seeing you lash out on any of the members... and some of the advice I've seen given to you has been harsh... you might not always listen to, or agree with what it said, but I really must point out that I haven't seen some of the childish responses that I would have expected from some other members here... Some people do not know how to behave here and I don't feel that I can say that of you...
Old 06-06-2004, 05:04 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

true about the spending money teche like technically it was my money. im sure ill be like him but in a much smaller extent. but i know still he trys to save every penny. so he tries to turn off my aquarium lights of as often as he can and my pond filter every night. ever since i moved my aquarium he cant find the timer so he cant unplug it. (its behind the lid of the icebox that holds the crayfish 8P ) and while im playing on the comp i can see him sometimes 15 mins at a time looking got the timer :rofl: . but i guess it isnt that big of a deal its just i put alot of time looking around for the filter fish etc. and what im really worried about is i spent about 50$ including shipping on a emperor 280/cartrages and this plastic case thingy to hold media. shipping was like 7$. and i dont know how to return it.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:06 PM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
If you hadnt figured it out . Most of us was born before 1980 and alot of these slang abrevations dont catch on with us. As you can see sometimes going the short road with words can take a longertime to understand.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Closed Thread

Tags
29 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com