Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-05-2004, 09:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
my dad stole my 29 gallon and is probally returning it.

so everything for the brichardi are off. im really mad right now. he said hes going to break it but i know he wont. im really ticked off right now. while im outside helping my mom he goes and takes it and hides it somewhere.

what should i do? ***edited***

***This post was edited to remove a single word that does not need to be included in this post. The overall message and context of the post remain intact***

Old 06-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to bunebop
why would he do that? 8O

~55 galFW ~6 zebra danios (I think, haven't seen some in a while), ~7 black skirt tetras, 1 clown pleco, 1 cory cat, 3 pit bull plecos, 1 baby guppy in a breeders net, and 1 red minor tetra

I also have a couple other tanks w/o fish as right now I do not have the room/time and there is a chance of moving in the "near" future so I don't want to get more fish for them. I'm downsizing for the moment.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

id fill it with water so he cant move it without someone knowing or at least so he cant have a fun time returning it. a bit spitefull but ow well lol
Old 06-05-2004, 09:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

only problem is he already took it.

is cuz hes a crappy dad and if he doesnt think i should have it i wont. and he has pretty crappy reasoning 2. hes a fricken stingy doctor!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

lol well find it and fill it
Old 06-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

come on in . aww.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:55 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderbluetang
lol well find it and fill it
But set it on his good pants first!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:09 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't know how to say this but... you haven't earned my sympathy yet. Parent child relationships are so complicated and confusing sometimes, each ones sees things SO differently and each one thinks the other is wrong. I'm not there, I haven't heard the entire story yet, so I can't sympathize with you at this point... You could be right, he might be a "crappy dad", but I don't know that. I'm an not at all trying to say you are wrong... but I don't know the whole situation. I have two younger sisters that don't respect their mother and neither did I when I was a teenager... It wasn't that long ago so I remember it quite clearly... It seems like all parents want to do is make your life miserable, but it's really not the case... and the parents feel the same way, thinking the kids want to make their life miserable or something... Both parties have an extremely difficult time seeing and understanding the other sides point of view... The biggest problem with both kids and adults is a lack of respect. I am pretty sure you know what it says in the bible about the subject, based on some of your other posts I think you do, "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."
Like I said before, there are two sides to every story... I'm not trying to attack you or say you shouldnt be upset... but like it or not, he is your father... I do wish you luck with the situation and hope that it all gets worked out...
Old 06-05-2004, 10:14 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to flipz
I agree with millipede.

And I'm not trying to attack you either, but considering you don't drive, I'm guessing you don't have a job? And if you don't have a job, how do you have money to pay for all this stuff? If your dad paid for it (or your mom) then I'd say they have every right to take it away. Either that or I'd guess your grandparents gave you money for your birthday or something, and you spent it all on that stuff and your dad is mad.

Quote:
and he has pretty crappy reasoning 2
And if I'm wrong with the above paragraph, then what is his reasoning?

Either way, it doesn't have much to do with FW tank keeping, and I think the mods are probably tired of moving all your posts.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Either way, it doesn't have much to do with FW tank keeping
Don't want to be argumentative(however you spell that) but I don't totally agree... He did mention "the brichardi" so I'm assuming he had menioned he was planning on something with that and this post was to aggrevatively(if that's a word) explain that it might not happen, at least not now... hmm... it's a tough call... The lounge may have been a better choice but it isn't bothering me where it is...

Tags
29 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com