my dad stole my 29 gallon and is probally returning it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
so everything for the brichardi are off. im really mad right now. he said hes going to break it but i know he wont. im really ticked off right now. while im outside helping my mom he goes and takes it and hides it somewhere.

what should i do? ***edited***

***This post was edited to remove a single word that does not need to be included in this post. The overall message and context of the post remain intact***

id fill it with water so he cant move it without someone knowing or at least so he cant have a fun time returning it. a bit spitefull but ow well lol :mrgreen:

only problem is he already took it.

is cuz hes a crappy dad and if he doesnt think i should have it i wont. and he has pretty crappy reasoning 2. hes a fricken stingy doctor!

I don't know how to say this but... you haven't earned my sympathy yet. Parent child relationships are so complicated and confusing sometimes, each ones sees things SO differently and each one thinks the other is wrong. I'm not there, I haven't heard the entire story yet, so I can't sympathize with you at this point... You could be right, he might be a "crappy dad", but I don't know that. I'm an not at all trying to say you are wrong... but I don't know the whole situation. I have two younger sisters that don't respect their mother and neither did I when I was a teenager... It wasn't that long ago so I remember it quite clearly... It seems like all parents want to do is make your life miserable, but it's really not the case... and the parents feel the same way, thinking the kids want to make their life miserable or something... Both parties have an extremely difficult time seeing and understanding the other sides point of view... The biggest problem with both kids and adults is a lack of respect. I am pretty sure you know what it says in the bible about the subject, based on some of your other posts I think you do, "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."
Like I said before, there are two sides to every story... I'm not trying to attack you or say you shouldnt be upset... but like it or not, he is your father... I do wish you luck with the situation and hope that it all gets worked out...

I agree with millipede.

And I'm not trying to attack you either, but considering you don't drive, I'm guessing you don't have a job? And if you don't have a job, how do you have money to pay for all this stuff? If your dad paid for it (or your mom) then I'd say they have every right to take it away. Either that or I'd guess your grandparents gave you money for your birthday or something, and you spent it all on that stuff and your dad is mad.

and he has pretty crappy reasoning 2
And if I'm wrong with the above paragraph, then what is his reasoning?

Either way, it doesn't have much to do with FW tank keeping, and I think the mods are probably tired of moving all your posts. :?

Either way, it doesn't have much to do with FW tank keeping
Don't want to be argumentative(however you spell that) but I don't totally agree... He did mention "the brichardi" so I'm assuming he had menioned he was planning on something with that and this post was to aggrevatively(if that's a word) explain that it might not happen, at least not now... hmm... it's a tough call... The lounge may have been a better choice but it isn't bothering me where it is...

It's hard to know what led up to this, but it sounds like it's gotten out of hand. Can you guys talk it out? Being reactionary will probably fuel the fire, so to speak.

yeah its because i have a 10 and 5 gallon and he said "how many tanks do you need"

my mom helped my out alot. i already bought the filter and it hasnt come yet.

i cant drive but i mow the lawn 8P. i got 40$ per lawn mow per week. the tank was 70 and my mom is err was paying for the rest. the filter sand and heater.

we moved about 150 lbs of fish etc so i could fit it too. and he just sneaks in and takes. why didnt i fricken fill the darn tank. he doesnt know how to siphon :)

i think he returned it today because he left the house for awhile.

imo he doesnt have much of a right since im paying for the tank. and the tank is all i have. Oh God i cant wait till get my own house/apartment.

any way to get im back?? hide his keys/liscense?

"don king" If I had ever listened to anything that guy has said, I might be offended... :lol:

I really don't know where to begin krap101...
In the past I have privately to several members and publically defended you and asked people to chill out. You don't always make it easy for them to do that. As a person and a member of this site I care about you the same as everyone else here. There are just a few things that I have to again try to say. RESPECT. you don't think your dad has a right to tell you what you can and can't have... Try real hard to think about it... When I was between 20-22 I spent some time living at my mom's house and I still followed her rules. I had one single fish tank and she made me turn the filter off each night. Even though I was that old, and I paid some rent, it was still her house, she paid the bills, and she is my mother... Your dad has EVERY right. Doesn't really matter what his exact reasons are, he's your father, period... That is all that matters. I guaruntee you go back just a generation or two, any kid that even asked the word "why" probably got slapped for asking... if nothing else got the all famous response "because I said so"... kids didn't talk back as much back then... people respected others more... there is a serious lack of that these days.. I believe that parents are as much at fault these days... You may be anxious to move out now, but when it comes time for that you might not be so ready... or you might regret it when you have a hard time paying bills or something. Life does not get one bit easier as you get older... The difference in life as you get older is that you learn how to deal with things better. Trust me on this, if you don't learn how to respect your relationship with your dad real soon, if you ever have any kids when you get older, you wont have any idea how to teach them respect and you will be surptrised how much trouble they can be.
I sure hope you don't really try to get back at him... just not a good idea. Though it might not sound like it, I really am wishing you the best in all of this. after reading the other post you started... I am not someone who wants you to get banned, and I feel it would be a shame for you to actually leave the hobby, but those decisions are pretty much up to you... All in all, I wish you well...

technically im not leaving until my fish die. hopefully not anytime soon. once my parents (dad especially) ill prolly start sometime again. im not out of the hobby. im still doing stuff just not in the same level

Most importantly, you need to live within the boundaries you are stuck with. Figure out exactly what you are, and are not allowed to do without ticking anyone off. And going through one parent to get around the other only causes problems later. Setting up that 29g is obviously a bad idea at this point.

I am not quite sure how old you are but perhaps you could manage a discussion with your parents. You have to honestly make the effort to listen to everything they say without interruption and you will have a much better chance of presenting your feelings and side of the story with the same respect. Perhaps, if emotions remain in check you can discover exactly what the limits are and then find out what is expected of you so that you can earn greater responsibilities and freedoms.

I don't know if this helps, but I remember having screaming matches with my mother as a kid. Needless to say I didn't get very far. However, my sister fared much better. She would sit down and negociate terms with my mother, and they would talk to each other like civil people. My sister would often have to make compromises, but in doing so, she got to do a whole lot more of what she wanted than I did. Plus they're still on speaking terms today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom