my first art piece to be on display

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share with you all (my AA family :D ) that I have a piece of art being put into a gallery! I took a class on 3d Hot Glass this semester and learned how to mold glass, etc... Anyway, my professor (who doesn't speak english very well - he is from Japan) said that we needed to come by at a certain time and put our pieces on display in the classrooms. I figured this was just so other students could see the work we did. Well, it turns out our pieces were being judged!! I actually had to fill out paperwork putting an insurance amount on my piece and then 5 hours later I came back and found that my piece had been selected for display! I am so excited because this is only my second semester with any experience in 3D and my very first piece of art that I've ever put into a competition."

I am taking a more advanced version of this class next semester and my professor has asked me to think about creating a series. I feel so honored because this guy does some amazing work and he doesn't give out very many compliments to his students. So that is a big deal to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with you all. I am taking the piece to the gallery tomorrow so I'll try and grab someone's camera tonight to take a picture of the piece.

worthless.gif

Finally, a good use for that emote!

:D

Congrats! (thread isn't totally worthless without pics...i just love that graphic)

:oops: you all are going to hate me. I didn't get done working on my group project until late last night and wasn't able to get the digi camera. What's even worse, I am the last one in town (of all my friends) because they've all completed their exams. The guy with the camera left this morning. *sigh* So I'll try and get a picture of it when it is on display, but that won't be for at least 2 1/2 weeks. Sorry!!!

Here are some pictures (finally!). This is just my test piece and hopefully my upcoming pieces will be better. But, I am still very happy with my first semester working in glass :mrgreen:

img_556842_0_c709c1aaf1fdff74f048b980da21e81b.jpg

img_556842_1_e35d389aa6e26b264f6d8bca0f89917c.jpg

img_556842_2_3b717067dbb677095f8f241ce849bd9d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom