My first fish tank! Fish in cycling! Holy smokes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi :) My name is Jessica! I just got my first aquarium :) You can find the beginning of my journey here http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-setup-overstocked-and-not-cycled-194563.html The first post of the thread will give you exactly everything you need to know from the very beginning! Im developing this thread to ask my many questions and learn! This is quite the experience! I thank everyone who has helped me so far, you have saved my fishes life! Its very much appreciated! I just did my first water change, about 75%. My parameters are as follows:

ph 7.0
amm .25
trites 0
trates 0
temp 78

So, my ammonia levels arent quite where I'd like... I was at .50 when I did the water change and I thought by doing a 75% percent change would take it below .25. My first water change experience was super tough! I have learned through another thread how to do it much, much easier! I also have an active filter being delivered tomorrow! Yay!

My first question would be, since my ammonia level is .25 should I try to pull off another change tonight? Or should I wait till tomorrow?

H! Wellllllll the wc was tough but I made it! Didnt try to do another one last night because my kiddos were sick :( Just poured myself a cup of coffee getting ready to check my parameters :)

Do you know what to do with it when it arrives
Heck no lol, thought there was a chance of there being instructions with it lol, I think you mentioned cutting it up? I bought the largest that they had available. Kinda worried that my tank might become overrun with snails :/ The website said if you dont want snails, dont order. I figured the pros out weigh the cons so I got it anyway.

AndrewsPistol said:
Heck no lol, thought there was a chance of there being instructions with it lol, I think you mentioned cutting it up? I bought the largest that they had available. Kinda worried that my tank might become overrun with snails :/ The website said if you dont want snails, dont order. I figured the pros out weigh the cons so I got it anyway.

Yea you can cut it up or put it in a bag and tie it to the front of the filter so the water runs over it as it goes into the tank, but I think cutting it will work better.

Yea you can cut it up or put it in a bag and tie it to the front of the filter so the water runs over it as it goes into the tank, but I think cutting it will work better.
Than thatis what I will do! idk why I was thinking I should attatch it to a airator lol, probably cuz it has a little tube thingy sticking out of it, ha!

AndrewsPistol said:
Than thatis what I will do! idk why I was thinking I should attatch it to a airator lol, probably cuz it has a little tube thingy sticking out of it, ha!

You could hook an airtube to it but you want the bb to get in ur filter fast as possible. It may come with directions. How much was it?

This mornings parameters:

Temp: 78
ph: 7.9ish
amm: .50
trite: 0
trate: 0

Pretty much the same as yesterday. Ph fluctuates... is that normal? Gearing up for my EASY water change, haha.

Yea just as long as it doesn't drop to much. Yea time for ur daily workout! Lol
Oh I knoooow! Too early! But Im ready! My MIL took my son today so I can get it done waaaay more efficiently :) Got some running around to do also. Thought about taking my Firemouth to the pet store and begging them to take him back, he is getting picked on real, real bad :( I just dont know what to do and he looks so sad :( He has not 1 friend in the whole tank. He does get along with the Oscar that I now so lovingly call "Hungry" but he wont stick close enough to him to stop getting beat on :(

Attachments

• 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 54
Well, I might as well show you the rest of the crew :)

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 50
And a couple more :) Dont have one of that sneaky Lobster yet :)

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 58
They're very nice. Did the oscar darken up.
He does occasionally, he was never black when I got him... He was a sad lookin dude! He is more like an olive color. When we went to the pet store to get the 55 gallon I seen some there that were GORGeOUS!!! Very bright orange and very dark black. I was a tiny bit jealous but his personality makes up for it :)

AndrewsPistol said:
He does occasionally, he was never black when I got him... He was a sad lookin dude! He is more like an olive color. When we went to the pet store to get the 55 gallon I seen some there that were GORGeOUS!!! Very bright orange and very dark black. I was a tiny bit jealous but his personality makes up for it :)

Once your water gets fixed he'll get black like that. Its just stress that's all

Back
Top Bottom