My gold gold fish is turning black

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aidensmom12

Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have a 20 gallon tank with 4 gold fish. My mom recently bought a snail to put in the tank to help keep it clean. I just read online that the snail could be giving them parasites that's causing my one gold gold fish to start turring black. He pretty much turned completely black besides his face. He is my sons favorite and we had him for a year now and never had this problem some please tell me what to do?!?!

I have a 20 gallon tank with 4 gold fish. My mom recently bought a snail to put in the tank to help keep it clean. I just read online that the snail could be giving them parasites that's causing my one gold gold fish to start turring black. He pretty much turned completely black besides his face. He is my sons favorite and we had him for a year now and never had this problem some please tell me what to do?!?!

It is pretty common for goldfish to change colors like that. Way back in the day I had a bright gold one that turned a dark grey in a matter of a few months. I would have to see a picture but I would have to say that it is most likely natural color change. Those four goldfish can get big! I hope you can buy them a tank for the long term soon if they are commons! (40 gallons and up for four goldfish) (y)

Back
Top Bottom