Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

my good deed of the day yesterday

So yesterday skimming the papper came across an ad for a 75 gallong tank with everything even a few cichlids for 75$ so i called the guy to see what was up with it. He goes on to tell me that he cant seem to keep his fish alive and he's following everything petsmart told him. And that he wanted the tank so bad but he dosent wanna keep killing fish he had no test get no water cond. No nothing so i told him we`d call him back talked it over with my husband and instead of buying the tank we went and spent the 75 dollars on a test kit some prime ( 4 bottles) a extra net , heater, a couple cichlid rocks and a piece of drift wood ( bc the tank pic were pretty bare )(and also gave him our extra water changing hose). I called him back asked if we could come over and look at it. When we got there it was a guy about 40 in a wheel chair we gave him the stuff and i showed him how to test his water how to use the prime and what not. The guy was over thrilled and started to cry thanking us and he also said if he still cant get it right hed just give us the tank ( which we agreeded we'd still pay him) he was greatful for the hose the most he said it will be so much easier than buckets with a wheel chair. Im so glad this ad caught my eye.i helped him do a water change and the fish started swimming more and he was thrilled. And i told him any time he needs help to just call myself or my hubby and we left both our numbers...

Old 10-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Wow...thats amazing. You could have easily talked him down and gotten that tank cheap but you really went the extra mile. That was honestly an amazing thing for you to do.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Its makes my day to read this. Thank you for your kindness, and for inspiring the rest of us!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Very admirable thing done, you changed his eyes on fish keeping and Now get to enjoy his fish rather than have it be stressful
Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaygurl78745 View Post
So yesterday skimming the papper came across an ad for a 75 gallong tank with everything even a few cichlids for 75$ so i called the guy to see what was up with it. He goes on to tell me that he cant seem to keep his fish alive and he's following everything petsmart told him. And that he wanted the tank so bad but he dosent wanna keep killing fish he had no test get no water cond. No nothing so i told him we`d call him back talked it over with my husband and instead of buying the tank we went and spent the 75 dollars on a test kit some prime ( 4 bottles) a extra net , heater, a couple cichlid rocks and a piece of drift wood ( bc the tank pic were pretty bare )(and also gave him our extra water changing hose). I called him back asked if we could come over and look at it. When we got there it was a guy about 40 in a wheel chair we gave him the stuff and i showed him how to test his water how to use the prime and what not. The guy was over thrilled and started to cry thanking us and he also said if he still cant get it right hed just give us the tank ( which we agreeded we'd still pay him) he was greatful for the hose the most he said it will be so much easier than buckets with a wheel chair. Im so glad this ad caught my eye.i helped him do a water change and the fish started swimming more and he was thrilled. And i told him any time he needs help to just call myself or my hubby and we left both our numbers...
All I can and will say is you both will be BLESSED.....
Old 10-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I teared up over this! How awesome of you! How great that you were able to do that for him.

So glad he will be able to enjoy his fish with your help.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thats awesome hopefully his fish start getting better :p

Do you remember what his levels were at?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I'm humbled by this, you guys rock!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

What a nice thing to do
Old 10-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Now only if there were more people in the world like you. Pure awesomeness

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com