My Hermit Crab is MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is insane.
I go to change out my hermit crabs food and get their sponge wet. My big blue one is in there... but the little yellow one is no where to be found. This is INSANE. I keep them in a little critter plastic container thing in my bathroom. I just put in this new water/food dish that has this HUGE palm tree attachment that reaches to the top of the container. You know how those things have the clear plastic rectangle lid in the middle? Well I don't always shut that all the way because its hard to open and close.. and im not thinking "Hey, my hermit crab might climb that palm tree, monkey bar its way to the middle, lift up the lid and crawl out". But I guess next time I will.

I have NO CLUE where to begin looking. The bathroom door was open, my bedroom door was open, my closet door was open. Im not even sure how long he has been out! Ive busted out the flash light and have looked under everything and behind everything and still no sign. I have cats, you would think one of them could find them.. but no, they walk in front of my flash light. *shakes head*

This is CRAZY.

How bizarre!

One day we found a crayfish walking across the road (was between two ponds- one very loooooooooooong walk for the little guy). We scooped him up and put him in my sister's tank. He was huge and stuck around for quite awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom