My husband thinks I've joined AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squeaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
My husband just asked me what I was doing, and I told him chatting with everyone on AA, he looked at me funny and asked if I had something to tell him...lmao...I told him it was Aquarist Anonymous for people who are addicted to fish...lol...too funny...

29g Tropical Freshwater 2 female Endlers, 2 female Mollies, 1 male Molly, 1 male Tuxedo Guppy, 6 Pepper Corys, 2 Assassin Snails, 6 Ghost Shrimp...

10g Tropical Freshwater 13 various Endler and Molly fry, 4 Pepper Corys and 3 Ghost Shrimp...

A 12 step program for people who think multiple tanks are never enough

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is completely true

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

More or less, words and technicalities aside;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just set up my 3rd tank (a 55g)........on the floor next to my bed.....because fish ;) Welcome to the cult!

Seriously.... You wanna talk about it...? You're within the AA. So, only we'll know about it... And it will never leave the room!

Let's introduce myself to the group. I'm Stan and yes, I do have to admit that I'm heavily addicted to fishkeeping! I don't know wether I should be proud of it or not. But I just can't help it! Please, help me!

Hahaha... hell no! Don't help me! Let me keep at least this addiction and I promise to be good... Let's have a group hug!:lol:

Lol everyone thinks I'm obsessed. And no one at schools believes there is such thing as a fish store. I'm not obsessed, I'm a hobbyist!

Actual conversation:
"I see you've set up another aquarium."
"What are you talking about?"
"That thing over there. With the water, plants, and light."
"Don't be silly. That's not an aquarium. It's just a 'holding tank' for my extra plants."
"Well, it looks like an aquarium to me. And those lights are hideous."
"It's temporary"
"So, who are the plants for?" *Suspicious tone*
"Just some nice folks on AA."
"Oh, yeah, that addictive site with all of your make believe friends. Those fish nerds."
"Hey, they like plants and inverts, too. Besides, I have not bought fish food in ages. I get shrimp, new plants to try out, cool gadgets, and the imported coffee you like. Uh...I gotta get back to my threads now. What's for dinner?"

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Actual conversation:
"I see you've set up another aquarium."
"What are you talking about?"
"That thing over there. With the water, plants, and light."
"Don't be silly. That's not an aquarium. It's just a 'holding tank' for my extra plants."
"Well, it looks like an aquarium to me. And those lights are hideous."
"It's temporary"
"So, who are the plants for?" *Suspicious tone*
"Just some nice folks on AA."
"Oh, yeah, that addictive site with all of your make believe friends. Those fish nerds."
"Hey, they like plants and inverts, too. Besides, I have not bought fish food in ages. I get shrimp, new plants to try out, cool gadgets, and the imported coffee you like. Uh...I gotta get back to my threads now. What's for dinner?"

Why does this sound so familair to me...? Do we happen to share the same partner by any chance? :)

Why does this sound so familair to me...? Do we happen to share the same partner by any chance? :)

Idk. Unless someone is jet setting across the pond everyday. But a familiar theme from what I gather. She does not mind it because it's something I really enjoy.

Overhere, she just makes remarks about it. But she does let me add those tanks... Ain't she sweet? So, every time I come home with a bigger bunch of roses, she always ask the same question: What did you get? And she's not referring to the flowers... But she allows it too... As long as she knows that she's my biggest passion...

For some reason if I can't get a anther tank then it is a 100% that I will over stock and I'm already way over stocked

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

LOL! That's what they all say... Please, come forward and just admit that you're addicted... Trust me... it's confidential overhere. You'll feel much better when you admit being an addict... :D

The thirst... IT IS ENDLESS I NEED A NEW TANK ASAP.

Ok. I'm addicted :)

I keep trying to sneak in a 2.5 shrimp tank- mom catches me every tiem

Bought my first tank at a garage sale 5 months ago. It was a 25 gallon bow front. Since then I've upgraded and added 3 times. I now have a 75 gallon community tank and a 125 gallon ciclid tank. Good thing my wife is ok with my hobby.

Back
Top Bottom