Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict
There's this one place that's by me where we eat frequently that's just AWFUL. Dead fish in the tanks, angels that are about half-way grown kept in five gallon tanks, arowanas with drop-eye, small angels in picture frame tanks that are only one gallon, painted tattoed fish, ich outbreaks, dwarf puffers together, bala sharks in cramped tanks, the list goes on.
But the worst would be the bettas. You know what they keep their bettas in? Bowls. Stinky, smelly bowls. They have a whole collection of them on the front counter. And the bowl isn't even half-way filled, it's only an inch of water! I was totally angry at them, never going there again, or if I am ever there, just to look. Bleh. Rant over.

"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes."
--John Wooden
bruinsbro1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Freak
Kahoots sold me 3 fancy goldfish for a 1 gal bowl. Thank god I found this forum.

Sssea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I love my LFS (E&O Pets). They have reasonable prices, rare fish (arapaima, alligator gar), brackish, good advice. They also keep there fish well. All their oscars are in 55gs. Clean water. All tanks have their own filters. If a tank has ich they say they aren't for sale until treated.

E&O Pets - Home - Rising Sun, MD

There is one other place I go to sometimes which isn't bad. Fish are in good shape, well kept. Bad advice though. When I was in there getting my gouramis, they sold a black moor to someone who had a comet in a little bowl and wanted another fish.
1.1 Cons
1.0 JD (JD Club #1!)
6.9 Guppies
0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
KonvictKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My lfs is decent as far as cleanliness goes, but almost all of their tanks are way over stocked, and they lack enough knowledge to inform customers about the fish they were buying. When I went there to stock my tank I knew I wanted mollies for my niece to watch, then my beautiful Oscar caught my eye. I hadn't been planning on getting anything but the mollies so I had only researched them so when I said I wanted the Oscar they said that was fine. When I asked what size tank I would want, they said a 10 would work (i have a 20). Then my Oscar started eating my mollies, and so I found you guys, who have been helping me since. when I went in the other day there was a chiclid of some sort on the filter tank (they have 1 big tank filled with filters for every 5 tanks, the one attached to the Molly and guppy tanks are always full of fry. (looked like maybe a yellow lab). The other lfs in my area is even worse, and doubles their prices.
oscarchic11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Activist
U know ur lfs is bad when they try to sell you an $80 pair of mated clowns to cycle your 20 gallon.
Yash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im lucky I have a great store here in the Knoxville Tn area. It is unusual to find a dead fish in there. One time I did and the guy was amazed because he had just put them in the tank from a shipment.
So if your ever in the area its called The Aquarium off of Papermill Rd.

mdawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote

lfs, poor customer service, the worst

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com