My mind wanders.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
My job is moving into our slow season so I have time to think, today my mind was on fish tanks. I have my 29 community tank on a large, low and long dresser. So I was thinking, sell the 29 and I could easily fit 3-4, 5 gallon bow front tanks. one could house a betta, another could be heavily planted with shrimp and maybe a puffer in another. I think the weekly tank work(pwc's,gravel vac,ect) wouldn't take much longer than it does with my current 2 tanks. But then I'm back to where I started. I first bought a 5 gallon then upgraded to the 29. I enjoy everything about fish keeping, but what I really love is the initial setup and designing of new tanks. True, I'd be down sizing and I would have to part with my larger fish, but having more tanks gives me more design choices.

If your asking if you should downsize from your 29g to 3-4 5g tanks, i wouldnt. You will eventually want upgrade again and you dont have many stocking choices for a 5g tank. True having 4 different 5gallon tanks does give you more design choices, but like i said your stock choices will be limited. I would recomend maybe just finding another place in your home where you could put maybe 2 different 5gallon tanks, one planted shrimp tank, and one betta tank, and keep your 29gallon where its at.

adammorrill said:
If your asking if you should downsize from your 29g to 3-4 5g tanks, i wouldnt. You will eventually want upgrade again and you dont have many stocking choices for a 5g tank. True having 4 different 5gallon tanks does give you more design choices, but like i said your stock choices will be limited. I would recomend maybe just finding another place in your home where you could put maybe 2 different 5gallon tanks, one planted shrimp tank, and one betta tank, and keep your 29gallon where its at.

I'm not asking(sorry if this sounds rude). It was just an idea I had. And yes I know I'd even want to upgrade to a larger tank again.

I do same thing dream about bigger and better
I upsize and keep all the other tanks going too
going on to my next saltwater tank now
my only problem seems the wife may want divorce since I have so many tanks up and running :D

I'm not asking(sorry if this sounds rude). It was just an idea I had. And yes I know I'd even want to upgrade to a larger tank again.
Doesn't sound rude at all. I know what you mean I am always thinking of waht i would do with new tanks.

Back
Top Bottom