My new baby- **MORE PICS!**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got this little guy a couple of weeks ago and just wanted to share this pic.
img_654236_0_d183a370c0b3c5abf8afb6774e962b8d.jpg

After I picked him up I promised myself I would never look on petfinder.com again!!! I now have 3 dogs and 5 tanks- the 2 I was taking care of at work are not coming with me to my new house, so I'm down from 7. Anyway, we named him Porter (after one of my BF's favorite varieties of beer) and he is adjusting really well aside from his motion sickness. His name used to be Sammie, but we already have a Samantha so that seemed a bit confusing. :D He'll be a year old on July 1.

He is just too cute for words !!! I can't believe the dogs that are given up for adoption - thank goodness there are folks like you who open their homes and their hearts to them.
Give those fuzzy ears a nice scratch from me !!

Thanks guys!!!

joannde- it's worse than that. He wasn't given up for adoption, he was rescued from a puppy mill. His coat was in pretty bad shape, and the groomers had to cut a lot of it out. I'll be interested to see how fuzzy he actually gets! He had itchy ears and skin, and my vet had to give us antihistamine pills and ear drops. He must have been pretty neglected, because when I brought him home I noticed that he seemed way too skinny- his spine, ribs, and hip bones really stick out. I asked the vet how much he should weigh, and I was told about 20 pounds. He only weighs 13.5 now.

I can't believe the dogs that are given up for adoption
I can't believe the dogs that are given up for adoption

I am happy they do. I got mine from a no-kill shelter. He a is part rott/St Benard mix and about 150Lbs of nothing but tedd bear!!!

Anyways, CONGRATS!!!

I want to cry at the thought of a puppy mill but the rescue brings out tears of joy. I am a big sap for stories with happy endings especially when they are animal related. Congrats and thank you for saving and loving him. He is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zagz, the rescue said he is a pomeranian, but he really doesn't look like any pom I've ever seen. He's bigger than a pom (even though he is underweight) and his face looks totally different. My pom mix looks more like a pom than Porter does. I think he looks more like a schipperke than a pom, but he doesn't exactly look like them either. Maybe he's a mix- who knows? It doesn't matter to me anyway. My only concern is the assortment of health problems that can show up in puppy mill puppies later in life. It would break my heart to lose another one young- all of you who read my "sad anniversary" post know what I'm talking about.

JC- he's already spent some time at the new house. All 3 of my dogs have, and they love it there!!! There's a lot more space, a lot less clutter, and a small privacy fence in the backyard with a great patio. This house really sucks for them.

And just so no one is left out, here's Hagrid and Samantha!
img_655163_0_ebc0a901caa55a493934d3e3a954d792.jpg

img_655163_1_b30b498406672432b3030809d092d952.jpg

You sure have beautiful dogs! I was curious about the breed because he was so cute and I am a sucker for cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom