My new eBay semi-career....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
Got the idea from an article I read, and now I am trying my hand at reselling stuff on eBay part-time as a minor second income....slow so far, and I have only 6-10 auctions/week at this point, but I am hoping that I can eventually manage about $500-$1000 profit/month.

Look at my auctions, and tell me what you think....and how I might improve my listings/descriptions/etc....I am open to any ideas on how I might get more views/bids on my auctions (and remember that I know just the most primary html, so don't get too fancy on me):

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZtoirtis

hmmmm.. something i always wanted to try but never got around to doing it.
hey! youv'e actually got bids! is the stuff you are selling, did you buy it just to resell or is it stuff you just don't want?

your description is good and detailed enough, but then again what can you say about fishing tackle? and your pictures are good and clear.

you should set up a shop! and if you can sell some aquarium stuff and ship to australia.......

One of the guys I worked with that got laid off last November opened up a storefront to sell items for people on Ebay. He takes care of everything, from the ad to the collecting of money to shipping the item. Just opened up last month and I haven't talked to him since the store opened, so I'm not sure how it's going. I think he does everything for a flat fee.

Speaking of Ebay, I'm shocked at how much some people will pay for a 29g setup!!!

Wow...good idea Toirtis. I did a search for the Mr. Moto DVD and you have some stiff competition. I wouldn't have believed a movie that rare would have so many submissions. :mrgreen:

That is really cool. We were selling a bunch of my husbands guitars and things at one time, and It got on my nerves trying to keep on time with everything, and shipping everything. Then paying ebay on top of that. All of your stuff looks great though. Good luck!

I was in Tenn the other week and in one of the shopping centers called the Factory there was a cart were a guy would sell stuff on ebay for other people. He actually had a place marketing his "Talent" I guess. He must have made a good profit because the other stores in this place were not cheap. Good luck to you.

Blucat said:
hey! youv'e actually got bids! is the stuff you are selling, did you buy it just to resell or is it stuff you just don't want?

The former, but I may do some of the latter as I clean house this spring.

Psyhampster said:
Looks good, and if you want, I THINK I can telle you how to remove the "Free COunters by Andale" text.

Already on it, thanks....I was surprised at how much trouble those can apparently be....everyone told me to dump it.

Good listings! I actually just bid on your lures for my brother :wink:
I was thinking of doing something similar with stuff I could buy at auctions. I could easily sell it for 2-3 times what I pay for them.

There are so many things around here that I ought to put up for auction, but I just don't have the "gumption" to go ahead and do it.

Kudos to you for your enterprising nature! :D

yea, counter suck !!

By the looks of it Snails are doing well...I get mine for free but maybe you want to set up a breeder tank for them and keep a steady stream of them for sale...

Looks good and good luck...also maybe try aquabid.com for you aquarium stuff

Grey Legion said:
By the looks of it Snails are doing well...I get mine for free but maybe you want to set up a breeder tank for them and keep a steady stream of them for sale...

Actually, if I wanted to, I could put 20 lots of 30 snails on right now, but I figured that I would stagger them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom