Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to ace1uno_00
Check out Gotglock.com and topglock.com.
Good prices on pistols and accessories.

I put about 600 rounds through it today. First 50 were kinda rough but after that it was so smooth. I was suprised on how fast the recoil action is on it.
I'm not going to lie. I've always been a Ruger guy. But once i shot this glock I was really really impressed.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:20 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
I prefer the Glock 17 better. Still a 9mm, but has the full size frame. As far as 9mm are concerned, I also like the Sig P238 and the Springfield XD9 (it's like a luxery Glock). I can't make up my mind on whether I want a double action or double action only though; safety vs speed.

As far as personal protection is concerned, I wouldn't go with anything other than a .45. Maybe something smaller if it's loaded with black talons or magsafe's. But the stopping power behind a .45 is impressive and I wouldn't count on a 9mm stopping somebody. Great backup firearms and plinkers though.

If you're putting 600 rounds through it, make sure you clean it real good...

The range I shoot at has a thing going on called "Full Auto Friday". Basically you can rent certain guns that you normally wouldn't be able to get your hands on otherwise. It's expensive, but if you just have to know how an MP-5 feels in burst mode, well....

Old 11-29-2005, 05:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Let me go on record as saying I am opposed to guns and I find that the statement referring to a gun as a toy offensive. I am not trying to start a debate here or get in to any arguments about the issue. I just want to say that I think there has to be a better forum out there for talking about guns.

Enough said.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:07 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfish
Let me go on record as saying I am opposed to guns and I find that the statement referring to a gun as a toy offensive. I am not trying to start a debate here or get in to any arguments about the issue. I just want to say that I think there has to be a better forum out there for talking about guns.

Enough said.
There's also better forums for being "anti-gun".

I don't think we should stop discussing what we want to discuss based on the grounds that you don't like it. It happens way too often already where one person says "I don't like this." or "I find that offensive." and the rest of the nation has to change for that one person. Enough already.

To think that he was seriously referring to a firearm as a toy instead of seeing that he was referring to a purchase of something he enjoys shows a great lack of insight of language used. Gimme a break...
Old 11-29-2005, 06:14 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Whatever.

To quote the Fishfreek from another thread:
The plain and simple truth is that this is indeed NOT a site to discuss politics, world events, etc. This is a fish site. Those looking for a livly discussion on the current "hot" topic in the news will probably find themselves much more entertained by joining and participating in such a site where that is their focus.

Ok. Not trying to argue about the gun issue. Please just realize that these casual conversations regarding guns are not viewed the same by all irregardless of their intentions.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

i think that this is actually a very appropiat forum for a gun chat. that is why it is refered to as the loung. a general area where a wide variety of things are discussed. if the first thing u read was about a glock then u should have just left the post. alot of people are apposed to harry potter but there is a post here talking about the new movie. what if every time u put a post about something that someone else didnt like they decided to reply saying "dont talk about that here". i agree that a gun is not a toy but he never refered to it as a toy in a literal sense. oh and how fast can u empty a clip in your glock? i have never actually fired a hand gun but i have shot a riffle a few times.
ps. if u dont want to start a debate next time just dont post what will eventually start a debate.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok. I am done. Feel free to talk about whatever floats your boat.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
NY (not NYC) has no carry/conceal without permit
Quote:
we have to surrender his pistols
Why would you have to surrender them? carry/conceal is just that, should have nothing to do with simple ownership and possession in your home.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 11-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to kyektulu
I have to admit I do not agree with such dangerous items being in civillian possesion. No offense.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:44 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Please, this is not the place for a 'guns are bad' or 'guns are our savior' discussion.

I'll lock the thread if anyone continues to post along that vein. The advisors have already discussed this thread and saw no issue with it, provided it didn't become a heated debate.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com