Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to kyektulu
I understand, a heated debate was not my intention sorry.

Ace.uno_00 what do you use your guns for?
Are you a member of a rifle range or something?

Old 11-29-2005, 08:07 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kevin in NY you need a permit to possess a hand gun, you legally can not buy/possess one w/out a permit or a shield. You can be a collector of antique firearms w/out a permit. But if you intend to ever shot those guns you will need to add them to your permit also. There are different types of permits also. Target, full carry, carry concealed etc.

Lets agree to disagree and move on..
Its nice to see all the different opinions of people from different parts of the US and even different countries. remember that not all people were brought up around firearms and may not be comfortable with them in any way shape or form. So lets try to respect each others opinions and not get too work up over a discussion.

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
Old 11-29-2005, 08:31 PM   #23
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Why would you have to surrender them? carry/conceal is just that, should have nothing to do with simple ownership and possession in your home.
In NYC, you need a permit to carry and own a firearm. I believe the law in NYS is similar in that you are required to have a permit to own any firearm. Without one, you cannot have one. Long arms are handled a little differently.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
kyektulu, I understand your from the UK as your profile states. I would not want to speak for all americans nor can I speak for anyone outside of the US as I dont know their culture. Given america's 'wild west' history thats not so long ago less than 150 years and the fact that there are so many rural areas its not uncommon at all for someone to own a gun or a couple guns.

I came from a rual farming area and my grandfather must have owned a good dozen rifles that I knew about. From an early age I was taught the importance of gun safty. Simple rules like never having the gun loaded when its in the house, never pointing it at anyhting you was not willing to shoot. Always being observant to not shoot in the direction of a house or where other hunters are known to be. Have the ammo in a different place from the guns when storing them and to always tripple check that the gun is empty before putting it away. My grandfathers rule was that you needed to know exactly how many rounds was in the rifle at any given time. If you put 5 rounds in and shot off 3 than you should know to expect 2 rounds to come out when emptying it for storage.

The culture in which many of us grow up helps us with how we treat such items in our adult life. Handguns arnt the best for sport hunting of large game like dear, bear and bigger but I could guess one could use it for hunting duck or other smaller game. I see handguns for the shooting range crowd. As hard as it might be to belive many get some pleasure and often find themselves relaxed after a period at the range shooting up some paper targets. Gun ranges have very strict rules and quite frankly are probably one of the safest places to be when there are guns around.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Looks nice, don't know much about guns myself. I have in the past fired a 44 auto (not sure which brand) a 22 rifle, and my favorite was a 12 guage pump action shotgun. a freind of mine has a 357 mag (silver not black) revolver with six inch barrle that he had to have a mount made for a lazer sight. thats a sweet looking hand gun. My boss is ex army sniper (special ops). he clams to have a $9000 S rifle acurate to 6000 yards.

Tim.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:41 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wouldn't mind having one of these baby's

NICE!!!

OR ...

VERY NICE!!!

BUT I would settle for one of these ...

OOOO AHHHH!!!!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 11-29-2005, 09:51 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
LOL
Old 11-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd love to get my hands on one of those grenade launchers!!

My buddy's uncle has 5 acres and we set up a pretty good size range. We have some old cars and trucks and stacks of tree trunks 7' high!! We take his AK47's out there and absolutely destroy stuff ... the best gun I have ever shot has to be a 12guage street sweeper ... 12 - 12guage shells in less than 30 seconds!!!! 8O 8O 8O ... wind it up and let 'er rip! I mowed down an oak tree that had to be 4 feet in diameter in no time!!!

I will tell you that when we go shooting it is THE BEST stress relief!!! Nothing compares!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 11-29-2005, 10:45 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to ace1uno_00
Lol. I've done security in the past. Thats where i acquired my liscence to carry a fire arm. I dont do that anymore. I'm not a memeber of a rifle club. But i do go to the range about twice a week.

If guns offend you i'm sorry. That was not my intention. And Like i said. To me its a toy. not a toy as in power ranger toy but, as in something that is a hobby to me. like my reef tanks, sport bikes (suzuki gsxr 750) and yes guns.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to ace1uno_00
on and i can empy the whole magazine and reload in about 7 seconds. ]
The range i go to doesnt allow rapid fire but if you go early enough and no one else is there he will let you go at it. lol

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com