Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2005, 02:08 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to ace1uno_00
My new toy.

Glock 19.
I love it.
Attached Images
File Type: gif glock_19.gif (94.3 KB, 66 views)

Old 11-29-2005, 02:27 AM   #2

... i don't really think you can call a gun a toy? I mean there are kids on this site. We have rifles and my brother actually collects weapons... but he keeps them locked in a weapons safe. I would never call a gun a toy on a web site where kids may read it.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Yes Ashley gun saftey is very important but I do think we all understand what ace1uno_00 ment. No doubt ace1uno_00 is very proud of his new purchase and wants to share with others.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Still a 9mm right? I used to have a Beretta 92FS in stainless steel. Really liked it, but there was only one indoor range here, with odd hours, and I was still in college. Between ammo costs and 1 hour minimum fee at the range, I barely shot 200 rds in the 14 months I owned her.

Now I'm wanting one again, either one of the SIG's (haven't really looked closely at them, but another 9mm) or another Beretta. Probably used, because my wife would beat me down if I dropped $600 on a firearm again.

Speaking of which, care to share how much that ran you? new/used?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

NOOOOICE!!!! I want a a SIG myself Malkore ... really nice!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 11-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

When i say toy i mean something i like to "play" with. My tanks are toys and my guns are toys. i take them both seriously.
And certainly take the proper training and practice before actualy ever handing a firearm.

Anyways.

Yeah its a 9mm. It was $485 new. I went to the range today before the rain started. It's so accurate at 50 yrds. I want to get a laser sight for it.

I also want a Ruger p95. Maybe christmas. lol
Old 11-29-2005, 04:21 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol i always forget this is mostly an american dominant site and it struck me as odd that someone would own a gun as a toy. lol in canada pretty much noone owns a gun. i mean i have alot of friends of all different ages and i dont think a single one owns a hand gun. one or 2 of my buddies that live out in the country own riffles but only to take care of unwanted animals. ahh the americans and there guns lol hope u have lots of fun with it. i am a paintball person myself
Old 11-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Those are fun too. lol
Old 11-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I should clarify, Nebraska has no carry conceal, period. So I too am more interested in the art of marksmanship, with the added bonus of protecting my home if I should ever be put in such an unlucky position.

But mostly its because I'm a pretty decent shot without any formal training, so I like to take advantage of any skills I was born with

$485...hmmm...that Beretta was $545...I thought Glock's were spendy. Maybe I'm visiting the wrong places...but here, Scheel's is the only major retail gun outlet. And only 2 reputable gun/pawn shops.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

NY (not NYC) has no carry/conceal without permit. so not just anyone gets to play (it involves required certifications, background checks, etc). I never finished my permit process as the application fee was a bit limiting at the time (i was in college still) so I only have rifles currently. I'll get my permit sometime. Hopefully before my father passes and we have to surrender his pistols because noone in the family has a permit.

anywho.. for any sports person, hobbiest, etc. whatever's involved is considered a toy. Ask a motor head what toys he has and he'll probably go into telling you about his cars or tools he uses to work on them.

it's really just a figure of speech.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com